LG G2 vs. Droid MAXX

Discussion in 'Anything But Football' started by Papa_Bear_7, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    I know the smartphone debate can get contentious so let's keep this civil. lol

I'm finally going to be making the jump to a smartphone pretty soon. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money on a phone so I've just been looking at the free or fairly inexpensive phones that I can get with a 2-year contract renewal with Verizon. The two that seem to stand out to me are the LG G2 and the Droid Maxx. Anyone on here have experience with one or the other? Any other comparable phones I should consider? I know the support and whatnot would probably be better for the more recently released phones but I just can't justify spending $100+ on a phone.

P.S. Another free option was the iPhone 5c but the G2 and Maxx seem to beat it in just about every way from the specs I've read.
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +908 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    898ß
    Please do NOT buy the iPhone 5c. It's a heavier, bulkier, plastic version of last year’s phone for the same price you would have paid for the real-deal iPhone 5.

(This coming from a satisfied Apple customer and iPhone 5s user.)

LG G2 and Droid Maxx are both cheap and reliable smartphones, in the end it's all about personal preference. Maxx seems to have a better battery life, though.

I'm pro-protectionism, so I would choose Motorola over LG.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    I actually went ahead and ordered the Maxx on Saturday. Should be here tomorrow! Yeah, I decided that a better battery was more important to me than the better display/camera that the G2 supposedly has. Although, I compared the Maxx to a G3 in the store and didn't see a real noticeable difference in the screen displays. That pretty much sealed the deal for me.