Lions beat the Bears 21-19: who gets te deflated football

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Nov 10, 2013.

?

Who gets the deflated football?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Warlock

Warlock Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    The OL played decently, especially when you consider that they're going against a more talented DL. You cannot reasonably ask people to play above their talent level. I didn't see much poor OL play, just guys occasionally getting beat by more talent opponents in individual battles, that's Football though and it should be expected.

Even lesser talented players win occasionally against more talented opponents.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    It's not Cutler's job to pull himself out of the game.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Easily before the game was ever played...Trestman.

Obviously trying to appease an injured QB pushing to come back too early by impressive play by his back up. Having Hot Hand McCown, firing on all cylinders & having the complete faith from his teammates, start with Cutler as a back up was really a no brainer especially with the risk of re-injury at the cost of the season.

Not impressive at all...

"WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER HERO
    WE DON`T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME
    ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYOND
    THUNDERDOME"

4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    35ß
    Ric, I picked the same two. I also watched the replay on the 2 point conversation & Farley was lined up WAY offsides. Rewatch it if you get a chance.
  5. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +173 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    I see that both the DL and Tucker got votes. How did they cause this one? The defense has played acceptably considering the injuries.

Did anyone see where Tucker coached from? He was on the sideline last week and it sounded like he was going to be there this week, but I didn't see a shot of him this afternoon.
  6. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    32ß
    As much as I love blaming our Defense for every deflated football, this of course goes to Trestman. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, Jay might have been underplaying how he felt the whole time to Trestman. However Trestman should have known better, especially after what was going on out on the field. Besides the whole QB debacle, there was the bad play calling especially not taking the FG early on. There were others at fault too. redzone failures, penalties, etc. A little blame to go around, but Trestman for sure earned this failure.

As far as the O-line, they can't 100% protect the QB all the time, Jay being injured didn't help much either. My main worry is now what is the QB situation for the next game?
  7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    516ß

I disagree. It all starts with the player. Do you think Trestman was telling him to play with an injury? If Jay gets the option/choice, he will pick play.

The only thing I can blame Trestman for is not seeing the difference in Cutler's movement.

Cutler should have made the coached more aware. I think he played it off more like he could play than realizing it's impeding his production.

I would say 51% Cutler 49% Trestman.

Trestman can only go based on what Cutler tells him. Unless it's very obvious.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Trestman is the man paid to make all the tough choices, this was one of those he should have made.
  9. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +953 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    516ß
    I didn't see the entire game (at work), but from what I saw, it wasn't that noticeable.

Is Jay without blame? Hell no. I don't think he realized Jay was not able to be productive.

What you can blame Trestman on, is that he KNOWS he has McCown on the sideline.

So far, McCown is a much better QB in this system. Jay is just doing his own thing, and it shows.
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Jay was making passes the entire second half that showed he wasn't able to properly plant his feet.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +953 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    516ß
    Do you pull a QB for that alone? If Cutler was in pain or favoring an injury, it's up to him to point that out.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    We did win it. All we had to do was take the three points on the field goal. They were there waiting for us. Do that and we win the game.