Lions doing due diligence on trading Suh, won't happen though.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by dabears, Apr 26, 2014.

1. dabears

dabears Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  2. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    Not going to happen. Too many $$$ to be paid.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,291 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,460ß
    This is all b/c of the current negotiations, they have every intention of keeping him. Sure to hell wouldn't trade into the division if the worst case scenerio did in fact happen.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,179ß
    LOL... IDK.... Might be kind of like placing a shit bomb in the divisions locker room. Sit back and watch the shit spread when he hits the locker room.
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,291 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,460ß
    lol if they plan on doing it, it won't be in Chicago w/the cap hell they have.
  6. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    If you could trade for him, would you? This years number 1 and a future pick?
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,291 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,460ß
    few reasons I wouldn't:
    1) the cap hit would be massive, even though he'd be worth it
    2) he's a few flagrants away from missing at least a game if not more.
    3) I'm not sure he serves a greater need then 2 future picks.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    541ß
    His contract is prohibitive, and they already restructured it, but his cap hit is a massive 23.5 mil, I think. They would still only save a little over 2 million if they got rid of him, so there's no real NEED for them to get rid of him. The Lions got screwed, honestly, by getting amazing cornerstones (C Johnson and Suh) on both sides of the ball, along with their Franchise QB under the old CBA.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,179ß
    Couldn't happen to a nicer team.
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    541ß
    Gotta respect Megatron, tho. Dude suffered thru an 0-16 season and plays with the most overrated qb in the NFL, is probably the only WR better than Randy Moss (Jerry Rice notwithstanding) and will never get a SB, but doesn't complain
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,669 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,176ß
    I'd sure like to see Suh go to another division. We won't get him for the reasons already mentioned. I find it interesting that Detroit, while having arguably the best DL in the NFL (Suh plays alongside stellar talent on that DL), gives up a lot of points. Last season that defense gave up over 30 points in 4 games and 20-27 points in 7 more games. A great defense is so much more than just a great DL. Seattle is a good example of that. Seattle has stellar talent BEHIND that DL - and it is a dominating defense. This is a classic example of why drafting Donald in the 1st round won't solve our woes at other positions on the defense. It won't make crappy players good. That is delusional thinking.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    The damn you say you can't make crappy players good. Have you tried letting them gel? They just need more playing time together.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    As fun as it is to think about, would never happen. And if it did happen (not us of course) I bet fans around the league would be surprised the lack of value they would get for him. I bet nothing more than a late first rounder or combo of early 2nd and like a 5th. That's another reason it wouldn't happen, the value that some think he would command wouldn't be there. No sane GM would trade 2 first rounders or anything for a guy who will likely end up suspended and is going to cost easily the most for any DT with his new contract. Farley is the one who will be available after next year.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,669 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,176ß
    I know :-)
    People want to believe that a single player is going to be our savior. When we got Cutler it was like, "buy those Super Bowl tix now boys" it's a lock for us to be in the Big Dance. But of course we stupid fans didn't understand that an offense was more than 1 player making us great. We needed the other positions to help - like WR's, an offensive line, TE's, a running game - and a coach who had a clue about offense. Did Cutler miraculously make everyone around him (the crappy players) good all of a sudden? No.

We were going NOWHERE until we fixed the entire unit to a certain degree. Any fatal weakness on the entire unit was - fatal.

Same on defense. Fans want to believe we're just one DT Donald away from making the D good again. Good luck with that one if any unit behind the DL sucks. And let me tell ya, Donald is not a lock to be a great player in the NFL. I know, that is blasphemy to even THINK about. We thought Shea was going to be solid too......and countless other 1st round picks have not panned out for us. It happens.

People want to believe Shea McClellan is going to be the next Brian Urlacher. Conte is going to miraculously turn into a stud safety. I won't beat the dead horse here, but we need a "reality check" here. Look, I'm fine if we draft whomever Emery decides to draft, and I am 100% fine if that guy is a DT, Donald. But I'm not delusional in thinking that guy makes our defense relevant again. There is real work to do with this defense. The DL won't make crappy players good players. And I laugh (seriously I do) when I read folks saying that a good DL will shut down the better QB's like Aaron Rodgers every play. No DL shuts down a solid QB every play That is delusional thinking. Will a good DL help our defense? Yes. Is it going to off-set bad players behind them? No. Sorry to burst any bubbles of hope here.

But I'm not going to change anyone's mind here. It's just like the Cutler acquisition years ago. People want to believe in fantasy. A team like Seattle is great due to the fact they have ALL of the weapons - balance - and certainly they are more than a great DL. Look at Detroit for an example of a great DL and yet a crappy defense (and team for that matter).
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  15. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,228 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    150ß
    :voodoo:
    PPL

Agree w/this wholeheartedly. If Donald was akin to a Suh the dynamic would be different as far as the draft. Didn't know you had it in ya JABF
  16. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

Ratings:
    +97 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    This is just another Lions player not getting treated right by the franchise and its new coaching regime b/c he's a Schwartz guy. [sarcasm]

I like the stirring of the pot though in the Lions locker room from the rivalry standpoint. This could potentially make him go the Julius Peppers root and limit the number of snaps he gives 110% in hopes of getting traded to get out of the Dirty-D.