Lions game plan is no secret. Get to Cutler...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    +! JABF. I agree playing at the Silverdome is much tougher than the Lambeau dump site.

2. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    213ß
    It definitely reduces the chance of a victory, I'll give you that. But wasn't it last year that Cutler was sacked 7 times in two games, and yet we won those contests. I like the Trestman approach of prior performance is no guarantee of future returns, but the fact is Cutler has owned the Lions so far. Hopefully that continues tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,091ß
    I see no way we win this game if Cutler is pounded into the turf all day. Worse, it risks injury to Cutler if he's being slammed to the turf all day. He's a high mileage body right now, due to the abuse of not having an offensive line in Chicago (until this year). He is also in his 30's now. His body won't hold up as well as it did when he was young.

One of those body-slams by Suh MAY be all it takes to end his (and the Chicago Bears) season for 2013 - and give Detroit 2 wins over Chicago this year. Because without Jay Cutler, we don't win today against Detroit - and we don't win against them in the 2nd matchup later in the season. Detroit knows this.

I agree with the OP. The Lions game plan is no secret. Pound Cutler early and often into the Ford Field turf. That will = win for Detroit. They know it. We know it. We need an epic performance by the OL (and Cutler helping them out by getting the ball out quick, all day long....and protecting the ball).

4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    Its a BLADE that cuts both ways ... we can do Stafford.

• Like Like x 1
  5. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    Cutler was pounded in the past by the kittens and how did that work out for them ?
    THEY LOST !
    Now having said that remember that we have a NEW "O" line and some NEW weapons for Jay to play with. The line will keep Jay protected and the kittens will have NO answer. Bears win BIG !
    ;)

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,091ß
    The play calling is really superb right now (Bears just scored after the Alshon reverse & Forte run). This helps negate the Detroit DL push up the middle.

7. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    Cutler sucks. Just giving this game away. It baffles me how incredibly inconsistent this guy is as a QB.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,091ß
    We've given up 30 first half points and it isn't even half time!!!

It's "men against boys" right now. We're getting schooled by a better team. Hope we see the team settle down. Pretty ugly right now. We suck on special teams, defense and offense. The Detroit Lions are better in all three phases now.

Big blowout if we don't get the bleeding stopped now.

9. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    Worst part about it is the Bears offense is either tuning the ball over or going 3 and out. You can't expect the Bears defense to hold series after series. This was a game where the Bears offense needed to be able to score some points. And its just another game that reminds me how Cutler is not the right guy to lead us.

I'm willing to bet Cutler plays worse from this point forward in this game, as he's probably crawled into mental fetal position by now.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,091ß
    It will be interesting to see if he can refocus. Suh just blew Long out like he was a rag doll to sack Jay. Looks like Jay may be a bit hurt from the Suh tackle.

Men against boys.