Litter Box PRESS :Breaking NEWS Hakeem Nicks Traded to Detroit

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by Nakoma1, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Detroit Lions have talked Josh Gordon trade with Cleveland Browns
    [​IMG]
    After losing wide receiver Nate Burleson indefinitely after a car crash broke his arm in two places, it appears the Detroit Lions are in the market for receiver help.

Enter Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns.

The talented but oft-troubled Gordon is openly on the trade market according to the Browns, which apparently has the suddenly desperate Lions interested.

Per Tim Twentyman:

The #Lions have talked with multiple teams this morning regarding receivers available for possible trade, according to sources.

While Gordon isn’t mentioned directly by Twentyman, a Lions beat writer, it doesn’t take much to add up the dots. Of course, the Browns have said Gordon, while available, isn’t being traded off for pennies so it’s possible the Lions may be looking at a lower level talent like Greg Little of the Browns or Kenny Britt of the Tennessee Titans, who has fallen out of favor.

Either way, it appears the Lions are intent on adding a receiver.

http://fansided.com/2013/09/24/detroit-lions-talked-josh-gordon-trade-cleveland-browns/
  2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Lions trade rumors: Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt not realistic options?
    By Sean Yuille@SeanYuille on Sep 24 2013, 3:13p

[​IMG]
    Don McPeak-USA TODAY Sports
    STAY CONNECTED
    Off-field issues may mean that Josh Gordon and Kenny Britt aren't realistic trade targets for the Detroit Lions.

As the Detroit Lions search for help at wide receiver with Nate Burleson out with a broken arm, two names keep popping up quite a bit: Josh Gordon and Kenny Britt. Both players are believed to be available for a trade, although just how much it would cost to acquire either of them depends on who you ask.

Part of the reason why Gordon and Britt are likely available revolves around their off-field issues. Gordon has already been suspended for two games for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, and he's one more failed test away from a year-long suspension. Britt has been suspended before as well, as he has been involved with numerous incidents involving the law.

Given the Lions' rough recent history with off-field problems, it appears that a trade for Gordon or Britt isn't likely, according to Jason La Canfora.

Unless the Lions are so desperate that they are willing to take a risk on someone like Gordon or Britt, they will have to look elsewhere for help at wide receiver. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there right now, but perhaps they will be able to pull off a Trent Richardson-like trade and surprise everybody.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/9/24/4766876/lions-trade-rumors-josh-gordon-kenny-britt
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Detroit doesn't want these guys ?? THey'd fit right in with the rest of them
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Calvin Johnson: "Not hard at all" to dislike Bears; Fox on starting again and more
    Lions All-Pro receiver Calvin Johnson doesn't have much love for this week's division opponent
    Excuse Calvin Johnson if he’s not sending Charles Tillman and the Bears defense any Christmas cards this year.

No defense and no cornerback have had more success against Megatron over his seven-year career.

In 11 career games vs. Chicago, Johnson has recorded more than 100 receiving yards just twice, once in 2009 (133) at Chicago and another at home in 2011 (130) on Monday Night Football.

Johnson had just 34 and 72 yards, respectively, in two games vs. Chicago last year on way to his record-breaking season of 1,964 yards.

"It’s easy to have a dislike for them," Johnson said Thursday. "It’s not hard at all."

The Bears are usually tough on defense, their fans travel well and they've beaten the Lions nine out of the last 10 times they've played. What's there to like?

But at the same time, Johnson certainly has a lot of respect for that defense and for Tillman.

"They do a good job," he said. "They have guys that have been playing in that system a while. They understand what they need to do, stay as wide as wide and as deep as deep. It’s a game where we really have to be patient and when we get opportunities we really have to take advantage of it.

"I missed a couple last year but you have take advantage of them when you get them from those guys."

Johnson said the Bears defense is set up to frustrate an opponent until they do something stupid. It’s been a good strategy so far, as the Bears lead the NFL with 11 takeaways.

"They just make you beat them," he said. "They want to make the offense make a mistake, make you work your way all the way down the field, dump it off five, ten yards at a time.

"Usually an offense will make a mistake and that’s one area I think we’ve grown in. We cut out some of those foolish penalties, last week I don’t think we had any kind of penalties at all, we just have to keep that kind of football up."

FOX ON STARTING

Jason Fox participated in his second-straight practice Thursday – albeit in limited fashion – and it’s a good sign the right tackle is trending upward after missing the last two games with a groin injury.

"It’s never fun being on the sideline and not being out there," Fox said after practice Thursday. "It’s a good feeling to be out there and I just have to keep putting good days together."

What's still unknown is whether Fox will regain his starting job once he’s all the way back from injury.

He won the job out of training camp and started Week 1 vs. Minnesota. He injured the groin 15 plays into the game. Hilliard replaced him and has started the next two games. Not only that, but Hilliard has played well doing it.

"That’s not my decision," said Fox, when asked if the starting job should be his when he’s ready. "If they give me the job back, then I’ll do the best I can, and if Corey is still playing, then I’ll be his biggest fan.

"I’m going to do all I control and that’s putting in all the effort on the practice field and the decision is up to them."

Expect Hilliard to start at right tackle again this week and then we'll see where it goes from there.

CONTINUED =======================>>>
    http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...and-more/c43748dc-17aa-48d0-a14c-78a7d3a699f5

5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    What a whiner ...

I think Da Bears have Mega Choke's numbers
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Breaking: Hakeem Nicks Traded to Detroit
    Pending physicals, it’s official, New York Giants wide receiver, Hakeem Nicks is being traded to the Detroit Lions according to multiple sources close with both the Lions and Giants.

This trade doesn’t come as surprise as Nick’s hasn’t been on the best of terms with head coach, Tom Coughlin and the Giants organization as after the Giants 38-0 loss to the Carolina Panthers Nicks had this to say about his catch-less performance.

“I can’t throw it to myself,” he said.

Coughlin responded by saying, “That’s not a smart thing to say,” Coughlin said during a press conference on Monday. “He’s on the field. The quarterback was sacked seven times and hit probably, what, 15 times? Not a very smart thing to say. I’ll talk to him about it, sure.”

Through three games Nicks has 197 yards receiving on nine catches.

As for the rest of the deal, according to a third source, Nicks will be traded to the Lions for running back, Mikel Leshoure and a conditional third round draft pick. However our other two sources have yet to confirm that so we are still treating that as a rumor. The only thing we no for sure is that Nicks is headed to Detroit.

http://dystnow.com/2013/09/26/breaking-hakeem-nicks-traded-to-detroit/

NFL
    [​IMG]
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.792969)]Published on September 26th, 2013 | by Mike Ortiz Jr.

[/COLOR]

Breaking: Hakeem Nicks Traded to Detroit

Pending physicals, it’s official, New York Giants wide receiver, Hakeem Nicks is being traded to the Detroit Lions according to multiple sources close with both the Lions and Giants.
    This trade doesn’t come as surprise as Nick’s hasn’t been on the best of terms with head coach, Tom Coughlin and the Giants organization as after the Giants 38-0 loss to the Carolina Panthers Nicks had this to say about his catch-less performance.
    “I can’t throw it to myself,” he said.
    Coughlin responded by saying, “That’s not a smart thing to say,” Coughlin said during a press conference on Monday. “He’s on the field. The quarterback was sacked seven times and hit probably, what, 15 times? Not a very smart thing to say. I’ll talk to him about it, sure.”
    Through three games Nicks has 197 yards receiving on nine catches.
    As for the rest of the deal, according to a third source, Nicks will be traded to the Lions for running back, Mikel Leshoure and a conditional third round draft pick. However our other two sources have yet to confirm that so we are still treating that as a rumor. The only thing we no for sure is that Nicks is headed to Detroit.
  7. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    920ß
    There has as yet been no confirmation about the trade. Hopefully it's just another rumor.
  8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    574ß
    Rumors of Nicks for Leshoure trade are bogus
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 27, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
    [​IMG]AP
    Over the last 12 hours, rumors have circulated of a potential trade that would send Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks to the Lions for running back Mikel Leshoure and a third-round pick.
    Those rumors, we’re told, are unfounded.
    On the surface, it would make sense for the Lions to move Leshoure, a second-round pick in 2011 who hasn’t done much in two-plus seasons. With Reggie Bush and Joique Bell playing well, Leshoure has become the odd man out.
    The Lions also need help at receiver after Nate Burleson broke his arm in a car accident.
    But with everyone in New York on notice after the Giants failed to make it to the playoffs three times in four years, it makes no sense to trade Nicks. Even if they’ve decided to let him walk away via free agency, they need him if they’re going to turn around an 0-3 start. Otherwise, plenty of people could get fired.
    Also, the Giants would potentially receive a third-round compensatory pick in 2015 if Nicks signs elsewhere. Getting Leshoure and a third-rounder in 2015 feels like a bad deal in comparison to what the Giants could get from the league office if Nicks leaves.
    For the Lions, Nicks would be a one-season rental at best, given the money and cap space already devoted to Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford. Though the Lions have wasted plenty of picks in recent years on players who didn’t pan out, giving up a third-round pick for 13 games with Nicks is a lot to sacrifice.
    Then again, if G.M. Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz fear they won’t be around to use that pick next May, they could be tempted to lose it now.
    Either way, the rumors are unfounded. It doesn’t mean either or both players won’t be traded between the Lions and Giants or other teams. It means that Nicks isn’t on the verge of becoming a Lion in exchange for Leshoure.
  9. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    What a dumb thread. Getting trolled by phony rumors. Hicks is not going anywhere. This clown should be banned just for putting up this pile of dunghill thread.
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    What a dumb post
  11. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    BRING IT