LITTLE BACKGROUND FROM JACKSONVILLE ON TUCKER

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 31, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,247ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    For amusement I decided to look at Jacksonville DT and draft in general during Tuckers years as Def Coor.

Tuckers DC history
    upload_2014-3-31_20-16-1.png

He arrived in Jacksonville in 2009 and was DC in Cleveland in 2008. In Cleveland they had a 34 defense so I am not including that info. For background I looked at his line before he got there and during.

upload_2014-3-31_20-9-2.png

I tracked who they drafted and I have to tell you " they suck at the draft" Everyone is probably aware of the offense pick of "Blaine Gabbert", but not to very good at defense either. Guess thats why they have a new GM too, not attempting to say Tucker made the picks but I presume he had an input in the defensive picks made below. Keep in mind he came to Jacksonville in 2009. More interestingly is the type of players. Good news is DT happens to be one of the more successful picks even though they caught hell for Alualu in RD 1.

upload_2014-3-31_20-17-58.png

I looked up some of them for scouting reports but not much there other than DT's. I will let you all find your own reports so you can come to your own unbiased opinions. Thats all I am saying,.

Attached Files:

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Nice post brother. Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton is here in Denver now and is a pretty fair NT. He's big as a house but like "Fridge" he moves pretty good for a guy his size. He should have been a keeper for Jax.

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,247ß
    yep, Denver traded for him before this last season.

4. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,360ß
    I don't know how much influence he had. Del rio was a defensive guy and tucker didn't call the plays till 2011.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,247ß
    I was shocked all the DE's and DT's they have taken and how little they have to show for it. Especially since they traded Knighton away. I hope your right and Mel didnt have much input, there picks are not exactly players that pop to mind.

6. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,360ß
    Jacksonvilles draft history is pretty bad, and they seem to not hold onto anyone worth holding onto. Any teams draft history that includes a punter in the 4th and 3rd round of the draft 5 years apart should be taken with a grain of salt.

7. butka

butka
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    I'll try to find it, but I recall reading an article on Mel Tucker when he was hired and it mentioned how he was disgruntled with the situation in Jacksonville because he had little input on the players they were acquiring for the defense. For whatever that's worth.

• Like Like x 2
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Hopefully he's more "gruntled" now with all of the new toys Emery got for him so far. :lol3:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,975ß
    Moreso than most Bears fans are probably! I'm waiting to see something from him this year. Something positive this time.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,294ß
    How could he not be :)

...even I'm gettin' "gruntled" over the defense picking up good guys, and the draft will be like Santa coming. Hope we find a few cool toys under the tree at Halas Hall from Santa Phil. Maybe even an offense guy as a stocking stuffer too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3