Look at which teams draft the best

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    802ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Interestingly, 2 of the 3 teams with lower retention rates than us were playoff teams last year (Philly and Carolina).

The team with the highest retention rate, by far, was miserable and will be drafting top 5 this year (Atlanta).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bearstuff

Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    802ß
    In fact, this will be Atlanta's second time drafting in the top 10 during this time span. Perhaps the focus shouldn't be skewed by teams who manage to keep draftees on the bottom half of their roster, but rather the impact of the ones that are still there. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  3. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    719ß
    I still cant get over Hardin pick, too bad

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Thanks for posting its a good read. And yeah, just looking at your chart I would like to spear JA Goldberg style right about now. Those were some just brutal drafts. The Hardin pick is the only one that I really cringe at that Emery made to this point. Shea is very close to being on that level unless he can prove some worth at LB (where he should have god damn been playing all along)

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,333ß
    Interesting. Without looking into it at all I'm inclined to believe that means either that their coaches are not the best or that they do not get rid of players that are not contributing enough.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,687ß
    didnt atl get beat down with injs this year also? and to boot brougt in a beat down rb and te instead of backfilling via the draft?

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,687ß
    also be wary of defining success based on playoffs. the nfce and s were miserable last year

8. Bearstuff

Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    802ß
    Thank you, proof positive that statistics, like retention percentage, can skew a subject. Part of the beauty of the NFL is that there is very independent variables. Everything matters to something else's success/failure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,652ß
    Kinda sound like Atlanta drafts poorly and then gets stuck keeping them too because they have no better alternatives.

10. butka

butka Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    I think the thread title is inaccurate. This isn't who drafts the best, it's whose roster is composed of the highest percentage of players they have drafted. There's no attempt to measure quality (which would be tough to do anyhow).
    As pointed out already... Atlanta, then Miami, San Diego, and Washington all rank high. Does anyone on this board wish they had the rosters of those last 3 teams? Though Atlanta has bounceback written all over them if they can get their act together on defense.

I agree the Bears need to get it together with the draft. Years of crap drafts have given us a dearth of young talent. Just saying though, correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation. Hitting in the early rounds at a high precentage is what needs to happen to fix what's wrong for the Bears.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1