Look at which teams draft the best

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 12, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,725 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,256ß
    :36 1 11[1]: No more high risk picks until we get the base rebuilt. We have some very good players now and we can stand to get a few more like them without having to draft for high upside and a shaky floor. We missed the mark on so many mid round picks too where we should have been getting younger players in the hopper to step in or provide depth. We need a few more years like last years where the entire group at least made the roster. Now we'll see how many make it through year two.
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +444 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    And thats what it comes down to. Emery has taken 2 huge gambles in the first round on his only 2 drafts. I don't want to see that. Shea is on the brink of busting and Long worked out very well but could have easily blown up in Emery's face as well. Hopefully drafting a little higher we won't have to make such a risky pick and can take a safer one.
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    394ß
    I agree Grizz, but am reserving judgement on Shea. I am hoping that he simply was not used properly. He has athletic ability and has shown flashes. If he shines in his new role then I'll feel better about Emery's gunslinging first round style. If McClellin is a good player, he will have hit on both his picks. I'm doubtful like everyone else, but I want to see what happens.
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,428 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    If you're referring to Tony G, you're wrong. Everything else is correct.

My thought on this is, we need to also see a table of positions and rounds selected to have a fuller understanding of this information. All we know right now is who can keep their players longer.

Random thought: I follow the NE patriots drafts a lot, and am surprised they've kinda sucked recently. Still think them trading their first in 06 or 07 to the 49ers, who got Patrick Willis was a huge mistake, but I'm not complaining lol