Looking for a Few Good Writers for DBS!

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Ski-Whiz, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,014 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    631ß
    Well, first off I'd like to thank you for visiting one of the Oldest and Most known Chicago Bears Fan Sites on the internet.

We have always had that something special that Chicago Bears fans return for. Maybe its the Chicago Bears Fans? Maybe its the fun we have? Maybe its because we keep this place troll free? After all this is the BEST place for Chicago Bears Fans.

Ok, so I'm done selling you about DaBears.com, after all you are here already!
    View attachment 1229
    So what is this all about?
    We are looking to add original content again on DaBears.com. We are looking for members who wish to have their articles posted on our front page! You can have your articles posted for members to read and comment on.
    It's more than just articles. It's true interaction with real fans. Not the homers you may be used to.
    We're looking for post game reviews, Top ten lists, Pre-Game analysis, weekly game picks, you name it.
    We want to offer our members the ability to share their knowledge and accounts of the game, from the center stage.

What's in it for you?
    Well, right now I can't specifically promise you a Pulitzer, I can offer you invites we get from players, Charity events, and interviews. Yes, you will become known. It's no secret that we get a lot of people who visit here. We have a lot of players who have contacted us through the years for various fan fun events. I have always passed these onto the fans.
    Once you write for a season, I will be sending out a token of DaBears.com's appreciation to you! It won't be a Dodge Viper, or '85 Superbowl Ring. I do promise to you that what I send to you will be worth roughly $100. That's on top of anything else you earn here.

- You will get your own Forum to post in, and control.
    - We will also provide you with places to get media/press content. This includes getty images (which we are licensed to use).
    - You will be given Superfan status, which in itself gives you some perks on the site.

I wish I could tell you more, but with our upcoming season looking to be very special, I don't want to promise you something I can't. Over a half dozen members have given interviews based on our articles in the past. Some have met players.

If you are interested, post in this thread, or start a conversation with me.

We can talk more if you have any questions.

Bear-Down, and Let's Do This!!

~ Rick

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,365 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,359ß
    Hi Rick,
    I would be willing to give this a try, but I realize there are some people here who could do a better job. Guys like Ric or Soul and a number of others here who seem to have a better knowledge of football in general, and the Bears in particular - better than me anyway. I'm going to go to some training camp this year, and maybe I could write some about that - and post some pics too.

We're hoping to go to the Tampa Bay game this year too. We thought that would be pretty cool due to Lovie being the TB coach, and coming back to Chicago.

Anyway, just let me know. And you sure won't hurt my feelings if you have others in mind for this, but I thought I'd offer.

~ Dave
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,801ß
    I think @soulman would be a great writer. He always has well thought out posts... whether or not we agree with him does not matter. He puts more time and thought into his posts than just about anyone else I think
    • Like Like x 2
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    394ß
    I was hoping we could send Burris somewhere. Somewhere out THERE.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +1,014 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    631ß
    My thoughts are having a DBS NFL ranking each week, game preview/review, top plays of the game, game ball awards, history articles etc.

Nothing crazy, nothing long, nothing too involved..

I used to love the Shower Rankings.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,801ß
    I miss onemanswarm. He was great with his rankings.

People may not agree with my choices, but I will do the game ball pieces. I've done the polls the last year or so, I can write something up instead of doing a poll
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +760 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    History articles? That's something I think I would really enjoy helping with. I am a bit of a history buff, and one of my interests has always been Bears history. I'm not sure if that's something that would be weekly, or perhaps monthly through the whole year or what. I've always been hesitant to volunteer for such things as life and work sometimes gets crazy, but as my kids are getting older and leaving the nest, perhaps it is time to give something like this a try. I've got to say, this board and the participants here have given me a helluva lot of joy/fun, so I would be willing to give back by doing something like this.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,279 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    664ß
    I love the idea of different writer's taking on different types of articles. History is always big and appreciated (plus no need to feel the pressure of a deadline). Something on the division (preview, rankings during season, etc) or league as a whole (shower rankings ROCKED). Player/scheme stuff. Former Bears (where are they now or whatever).

:thumb: :coolbear:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,144 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,453ß
    Can't be worse than B/R. lol
    • Like Like x 2
  10. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    394ß
    I have a few historical articles I would like to contribute.
  11. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    72ß
    Like 4Da said, life can get pretty busy with kids, work, etc but it sounds like fun & as time allows I'd be interested for sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,801ß
    other than @soulman I think that @riczaj01 would be great for this too. He has the post game threads "Good, bad and ugly" thread where he breaks things down well. Perhaps we can get him to do that for an article if he is interested
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +1,014 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    631ß
    Thanks for volunteering! I think this will be fun. Let's face it, most of the volunteers already post the stuff I think would be awesome on the front page.

So why not take center stage? I've done interviews, Bearsstuff has done them, we've sent G54 to meet Charles Tillman... You will get some pretty cool attention by people outside DBS. I will pass any requests or anything to you.

You can call this a blog of sorts, or whatever floats your boat. I'm just tired of hearing from homers who we trust to give us good info. Let's face it, there are only a couple of GOOD Bears writers out there now.

I'd much rather hear from fans. After all, they now the Bears better than most analysts anyways.

So Bear-Down! We have a long road to the SuperBowl! :bearbang:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    I'm hardly a professional writer, but I could easily do what I normally do post game and if you feel it's good enough quality, or maybe w/some fine tuning, to put on your front page you're free to do so.

Not sure if you can still find any in the historicals b/c of the reboot, but please go over them and let me know what you think.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +1,014 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    631ß

lol I just sent you a pm asking you.. :bearbang:
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    ha I just responded
  17. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,801ß
    I will see if I can find a good writer who can do weekly rankings. Doubt they will be up to the shower ranking standards, but ya never know
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    I would love to be cleaver and witty enough to do something anywhere near the shower rankings, but alas I have no where near that capability.
  19. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,279 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    664ß
    Please don't hack up our members Ric, you aren't clever enough to get away with it. :hobbes:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Aw Benji.....I didn't know you cared! :36 3 16[1]: :rofl2::rofl2:

Thank you for the compliment. If I have something to say I try to either make it worthwhile or say nothing. :10 5 2[1]: Some would say nothing might even be better.:bah: That's OK, I can live with that too. :cool3:

As for our debates you know all too well by now how much I enjoy them and have been for about 7 or 8 years now. Life around here would not be the same without you even though you are a low down dirty stinkin' Cubs fan. :gosox1: j/k

LOL, cheers brother Benji. :13 4 9[1]:
    • Like Like x 1