Lunch update from Bears camp: Jennings is back

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 2, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01

http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/08/02/lunch-update-from-bears-camp-jennings-is-back/b481efj/
    Lunch update from Bears camp: Jennings is back
    Friday, August 2, 2013 1:25 p.m. CDT
    [​IMG]
    Corner back Tim Jennings during the first day of Chicago Bears training camp in Bourbonnais, Ill. on Friday, July 26, 2013. (Lathan Goumas - lgoumas@shawmedia.com)
    The Bears flipped their schedule because of the weather on Friday, pushing their morning practice to the afternoon. Players were available to the media during lunchtime, and here are a few notes on injuries and attendance:
    Cornerback Tim Jennings is back. He was excused from camp the past two days for personal reasons. He did not talk with the media.
    Middle linebacker D.J. Williams was no longer wearing a boot for his calf injury, which is considered week-to-week.
    Left tackle Jermon Bushrod talked to reporters about his calf injury. He hasn’t practiced since the injury occurred on Monday. Bushrod is no longer wearing the boot, which he said is a good thing, but is still being cautious. “I’ve never had an injury like this before, so I don’t want to push it to the point where I’m out for a few more weeks.”
    Tight end Martellus Bennett gave the media some entertaining quotes. When asked about the sun coming out, he said, “I’m solar-powered, so I like the sun.” On being the most interesting man on the team, Bennett said, “Yeah, I can’t help it, I’m like the Dos Equis man.” Bennett also called Kyle Long the “Chris Weinke of offensive linemen” because of Long’s age — the rookie turns 25 in December.
    -Kevin Fishbain