Marc Sessler says the Bears will lose to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Aug 31, 2013.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster SuperFan

I think the performance of the defense this year will depend mostly on how well the offense plays. Particularly the O-line. If we can run effectively and dominate the time of possession, the defense will say fresh ... hopefully deep into the season.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus

My biggest issue with this last regime...allowing our once, young & dominating D lose it's 'window' due to their inept handling of the offense. I guess we just hope this offense gels enough to at least minimize the stress on the D
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01

cool, I think the last time this came up I went 2000-2010, and it happened like 2-3 times. I was to tired to go through the math. Regardless Chances are that SF/Sea will get 1 of them and that means your fighting w/the loser of the NFCS(Saints/Atl) and of the NFCE(Wash/NYG's) all of them are well capable of getting 10+ wins also...and that's not including Dallas.
  4. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears

The NFC had lots of good teams last year. Atlanta is one that people tend to forget. They were in the endzone in the 4th quarter and could have won the game with a TD against the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

That's my feeling too Benj. We've seen our team get stronger, both in players and coaches, while the Packers seem to have (potentially) regressed with player turnover and injuries. I'm not ready to concede anything to them as far as us not being able to beat them. Let's play the games before we give up.

Hope we beat them like a drum both games.

[​IMG]
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

The Bears could completely shit the bed and go 4-12. Or they could completely surpass all expectations and go 14-2.

Who knows.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68

Nothing wrong with being cautious and respectful of opponents, but that statement is just plain dumb, Ric.

GB had 11 wins last year, only 1 more than us and only 1 loss away from NOT winning the division. It's is NOT a foregone conclusion that they will win the NFCN again this year. It's not even a foregone conclusion that they will make the playoffs at all. Early preseason favorites...yes, runaway juggernaut...no way, not even close.

Rodgers is the best overall QB in the game IMO and that's a big advantage no doubt. But, look beyond that and you'll see a team whose ship is starting to take on water. Their receiving corps is good but not nearly as deep as it has been recently. Their D is very unimpressive; basically, if you block Matthews (like SF and NYG did) and prevent him from dominating the game, their D blows chunks, especially in the secondary. Their running game sucks hard. So bad that they're actively looking for RB help this weekend realizing that Lacy & Harris aren't gonna cut it compared to guys like Forte and AP. And, hard to believe it since it was TERRIBLE last year, but the Packers' OL is atrociously bad right now. Derek Sherrod is a bust as bad as Carimi. Their RT is Webb v2.0 (a failed LT who's still struggling on the right). Their C failed and retired last season. And their starting LT is out for the year with an ACL and being replaced by a 4th round rookie (Peppers will eat him alive).

Don't forget also that they have a way more difficult schedule than the Bears do. Facing SF & Atlanta is a much taller order than New Orleans and St. Louis. You might feel a bit differently in 8 days after the Pack gets their ass kicked on the road by the 49ers.

It's ALL on Rodgers for them. They dont have a running game or a defense that can win without a great passing attack. He will have to play lights out great to overcome all that. And he better stay very very healthy because their backup isn't exactly Alex Smith. If AR misses any substantial time, the Packers will miss the playoffs altogether.

I'd still put them as the presumptive favorites to take the division early on but they are not a 13+ win team anymore.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

I know. I'm just trying to stay positive right now. If the Bears do crap out this year, then that's when I'll accept it and look to the NEXT year. I've had a lot of years practice at this unfortunately :-)
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01

MP, they have THE best qb(most important position in the game) in the Div, THE best HC in the div right now, and a system that has been in place for multiple years. Oh and until proven otherwise, one of the reasons they have been so successfull is that McCarthy understands how to beat JCutty, sit back bracket coverage his primary weapon and wait for him to bite. All the rest doesn't matter. When it comes to weapons, what did Manning have last year, What does Brady normally have? Hell what did Brees ever have? Colston was almost mister irrelevent. This is something Bears fans have to realise, elite qb's, while it helps don't get me wrong, don't need elite weapons, they actually do make the team around them better.

Ya their OL sucks, it did last year too...difference is that Rogers still doesn't shit the bed when taking sacks and pressures.

COULD the Bears win ya, but it's not a dumb statement unless you're willing to put your mortgage check on it; you really wanna do that? Really wanna say that the Bears are, even, 50-50 odds to win the Div? I won't feel good about the Packers losing to the 49'rs after the Bears have their asses handed to them by the Bengals....Bengals are good, but they aren't the 9'rs.
  10. James Gorman

James Gorman

When it comes to the Bears facing the Packers regardless of who is injured the deciding factor for the last few years seams to be who paid the officals off the most. For an example, just look at the playoff game between the Bears and the Packers 2 years ago. Not a single penalty called on the Packers for blantent fouls till the start of the second half. I dont care what team you are if you have 30+ yards tacked on third down situations and 2 touchdowns called back for non-exisitant penalties, while the other team is fouling every play, and not being called on it. You will lose every time.
  11. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

My Dad who is a Green Bay fan (he was born in Milwaukee) said he is worried about GB this year unlike in past years. They seem thin at key positions this year (O-Line etc) and an injury to Rodgers they are done.
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68

I said "the Packers are presumptive favorites to repeat as NFCN champs" going into the season (chiefly because Rodgers>Cutler). Not discounting them by any means. But I'm also not conceding anything and neither are tons of GB fans from reading on their boards. They have a lot of confidence in AR to compensate for their team's deficiencies but they are nervous about the Bears, who are an improved and much better balanced team this year. And they can't count on Lovie and his traveling circus of jokester OCs to be completely schooled once again by the GB coaching staff. Or on Webb to false start/hold/whiff away any chance to win by single-handedly killing drive after drive.

If you look at any other position grouping beyond QB (which admittedly is the most important), the Bears are at worst EVEN and often have the clear advantage vs Green Bay. The 2 teams face the expect same set of opponents with the exception of two games. I can't see GB doing better than 1-1 vs. SF/Atlanta and they very well could lose both. The Bears should at least split vs. NO/StL and could definitely win both.