Marquess Wilson has his eyes on Bears' No. 3 receiver spot

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Jun 7, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,836ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Another article touting Wilson's potential for success.

Every NFL Team's Potential Secret Weapon for the 2014 Season
    By Nick Kostos , Featured Columnist Jun 9, 2014

Chicago Bears: WR Marquess Wilson Chicago Bears: WR Marquess Wilson

The Chicago Bears possess arguably the finest one-two combination at receiver in the league with Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. And if Marquess Wilson can continue to develop into the receiver the Bears think he can be, the dynamic duo could evolve into a tremendous trio.

The Bears cast a major vote of confidence in Wilson when they released receiver Earl Bennett, leaving Wilson as the front-runner to claim the third receiving job. Even though he only caught two passes in his neophyte campaign, general manager Phil Emery believes Wilson is on the upswing. According to Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune, Emery had this to say about Wilson: “ (Wilson has) had a good offseason. His attitude has been fantastic. He's training like a pro. He's acting like a pro, and I expect him to come out and show his best side, and we'll see how it works out for him. But obviously, we've signed other receivers, and he's going to have to compete for his job. ”

Wilson will compete with Josh Morgan and Eric Weems for the spot, but he's the most talented option and should win it. And the sky will be the limit from there.

2. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Nobody has answered this question in months... out of all this depth we now have, why the hell is Eric Weems sticking around? He's not that spectacular on special teams; in fact, he's always one movement away from getting a flag. I don't understand his value.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    217ß
    If healthy I think Bennett will do quite well on the Browns. If Gordon doesn't get suspended for too long they could have a pretty solid receiving corps. I like Gordon/Bennett/Austin as a trio. Or if they have another WR that's cool too. Plus I think Jordan Cameron is their TE and he's a pretty solid weapon on his own.

4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,896ß
    Call me crazy but I believe Brock Vereen is our secret weapon for 2014. ;-)

5. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    Vereen has shown he is very smart and has very good athleticism. It's a big hill to climb, but he may have it easier this year since Tucker is installing his D, and everyone will be learning it anyway. I don't know that he supplants Conte, but if he has a strong camp, he just might.

6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,917ß
    If Vereen wins out this will obviously help our depth with Conte on the bench.