Marquess Wilson injured

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Aug 4, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,391ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    He'll probably miss 8-9 weeks but could avoid surgery. If he's lucky he could be back for the ATL game in week 6.

*fingers crossed*

2. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,391ß
    Yep, get him and/or Joe Anderson on the phone asap!

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    Just talked about that on ESPN, said 4 teams have been on the phones w/Earl since Browns release(which was a mutual thing) and Earl's turned them all down....guy said he's not sure Earl wants to play anymore; and he really doesn't fit the "big WR" mold the team is going w/anyways.

Should be interesting to see how they handle it.

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,002ß
    I was really looking forward to seeing the three-headed monster out there. dammmmnnnn

5. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    Bears' Marquess Wilson suffers fractured clavicle

• [​IMG]
    • By Kevin Patra
    • Around the League writer
    • Published: Aug. 4, 2014 at 02:53 p.m.
    • Updated: Aug. 4, 2014 at 03:21 p.m.
    The Chicago Bears' "four horsemen" suffered a blow in Monday's practice.
    The team announced wide receiver Marquess Wilson fractured his clavicle. There is no timetable for his return.

"It's extremely disappointing," coach Marc Trestman said of Wilson's injury, per Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune. "He was continuing to ascend."

Brandon Marshall recently told NFL Media's Michael Irvin that he, Wilson, Alshon Jeffery and tight end Martellus Bennett were the team's four horsemen on offense. The group stands 6-foot-4, 6-foot-4, 6-foot-3 and 6-foot-6, respectively, giving quarterback Jay Cutler some massive targets.
    The loss lowers the squad a bit, with the 5-foot-9 Josh Wilson likely getting the inside track on the No. 3 wideout snaps.

As we saw last year with Aaron Rodgers' collarbone malady, these injuries can take time to heal; Rodgers was out eight weeks but avoided surgery.

Wilson was the buzz of the Bears' offseason. The 2013 seventh-round pick had just two receptions in 76 snaps during his rookie year. The 21-year-old worked out with Jeffery and Marshall this offseason, adding bulk and immersing himself in the playbook.

"Sky's the limit for him," Jeffery said of Wilson this offseason. "We can't wait to see what he's got."
    Unfortunately, the up-and-comer hit a road block.

The latest Around The League Podcast breaks down Marshawn Lynch's belated arrival at Seahawks camp and debates which active NFL players are first-ballot locks for the Hall of Fame.

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Yep, it had to happen somewhere along the line I just hope this is not the first of many. We've had good luck so far.

If has to happen it's good that it happened this early. I think B- is right and I figure roughly two months or maybe a little more before he's healed so anywhere from early to mid October should be about right.

Seems like they'll have a couple of options as far as how to deal with it. If they know it's gonna be at least 10-12 weeks then the PUP may be perfect and he returns right after they bye week. Otherwise they'd need to use up their one provisional IR move which makes him subject to recall once he can play again.

The positive if there is one is that he made really great strides as far as getting to know the offense and his roll. This shouldn't hurt his development as much as it would have if he hadn't come to camp as prepared as he has.

7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,348ß
    The funny thing about Bennett, he wouldn't reduce his salary from $1.4million, but signed with the Browns for $750k.. Obviously something happened for them to terminate his contract after a month.

I'm curious why they dropped him that quick.

Either way, I bet he's kicking himself for not taking less, and guaranteeing a spot on DaBears..

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,257ß
    Sucks, I was looking forward to seeing him have a break out year. Wonder if that guy San Francisco cut is worth a flyer.. Can not remember his name offhand and he has yet to do anything in the NFL but he was a first rd pick of the Chiefs a few years back. Emery probably knows something about him.

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    I think that ship has sailed at least until we see what we have with the rest of the guys in camp. But if they were gonna add a guy Earl would be a logical candidate if he was even interested. If I'm him I'm not sure I want to come to play for just a couple of months knowing I'll be released again just as soon as Wilson is healthy enough to play.

He's better off trying to find something that will last all season long than a temp job.

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Josh Wilson????? WTF did we do merge two WRs into one body? :4 13 13[1]:

If it's only 8 weeks he's back after the first four games. If it's gonna be longer they can either use the provisional IR or I think they can also use the PUP and then bring him back right after the bye week. Gotta see what the docs say.