Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Marquess Wilson & Cutler Working Out Together

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 2, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    Marshall, Jeffery & Wilson are already working out together. Jay is supposed to join them this week. This has all been a result of Brandon Marshall setting this up. The guy is a solid talent on the field, but he has also been valuable off the field. Priceless leadership here. Loved this quote in particular:

"That should translate into the offense clicking almost immediately once the season kicks off. What I’ve noticed about these guys is they’re incredibly hungry now"

The offense has come together here in Chicago, yet the defense has fallen apart. Hope Emery can patch together enough defense that this offense can carry us to the playoffs this year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +998 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    So, I'll set this up:

Marshall is about to enter the last year of his contract. Do you want him back after '14 or not?

Unless you're a fool, the answer is surely YES. He's an elite player in the prime of his career who's been stellar on and off the field and should have several years beyond easily in the tank (WRs can often play at high level well into their mid 30s). It's completely obvious that, barring some career threatening injury, the Bears will be seeking to re-sign him this time next year. So why not extend him NOW?

His current salary is approx $10m. If you converted his '14 salary entirely into signing bonus coupled with an extension for 3-4 additional seasons, you would lock him up AND add about $7.5m to this years cap space. See what I am getting at here?
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,264 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    151ß
    About damn time Cutler starts working on his routes with Brandon.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,470 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    708ß

Maybe later this year but with everything else Emery has to contend with I don't he's quite ready for this negotiation yet. That said I do believe he'll extend his deal before it expires and make sure he's around for a few more years. Marshall isn't all that money motivated any longer. He wants to win a ring and he loves playing with Cutler and being a major team leader. The guys' been good as gold ever since he arrived.

After what he was able to do with Jeffery last year I can't wait to see what Wilson looks like this year. Those three could be a very tough combination to defend although Wilson needs to add 15-20lbs to that skinny ass frame of his.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    Maybe some pro-football players got wise to the fact that SEATTLE can end your career unless you fight back.