Marshall signs $40M extension

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by little bear, May 19, 2014.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Am i serious? AM I SERIOUS? Are you kidding me?

No. It twas a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Well I feel like an idiot. But hey, it's the internet.. I've been called out on more ridiculous things in the past. My bad though.

3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Great news indeed. I love watching Emery work.

4. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Another cool thing about Marshall is I think this could be his best year yet with us. It's his 2nd year in Trests system and he now has a legitimate threat at WR next to him. The OL is gellin and our run game looks to be solid still. You can't double Marshall and/or roll your coverage towards him without letting Alshon dominate across from him. And on top of all that last year Marshall spent the offseason rehabbing from surgery, this year he's grinding down in South Florida working on his stamina, strength, and cohesiveness with Jay & Co. He's been touting this upcoming year as his best year yet and I think he could really dominate out there. A full off-season to train rather than rehab? Watch out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Yeah but that guy had a wicked changeup to go with an arm that could reach 40 rows back with a peanut toss. Those guys don't come around often and he made the Cubs a lot of money on peanut sales.

Hooray for the Bears and for Brandon Marshall. This is a great event and a smart move on the Bear part. And like Chi posted you can't put a price on the work he does for the team in the offseason helping get the receivers ready.

After seeing him earlier in his career here in Denver what I want to know though is who were the aliens who kidnapped the old Brandon Marshall and left this version in his place? :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Emery

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

And Ted Phillips, and Cliff Stein and the McCaskeys who own the checkbook. It's not a one man show going on there these days. There hasn't been a period in my lifetime when I've ever seen such a singleness of purpose on the part of all of them. Thank God Mikey finally left and George stepped in. This has been a completely different organization since then.

• Like Like x 2
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I would also like to take a moment to gloat over my previous prediction that Marshall was serious when he said he wanted to finish his career in Chicago and that money would not be an issue as far as his signing and it wasn't.

Now all you doubters who said "I'll see it when I believe it" and Talk is cheap" can hang your heads in shame for doubting the man. This new improved Brandon Marshall v2.0 keeps his word. I still think he's an alien transplant though.

Somebody call Men In Black to check him out.

• Like Like x 4
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Congrats. He meant it.

But next time some player says that it is not about the money.... I will still doubt him. Because people who actually mean it when they say it are few and far between.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

Not to mention that Cutler's deal didn't "break the bank". If it had, we wouldn't have gotten Jared Allen in the offseason.