Marshall signs $40M extension

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by little bear, May 19, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Well all he's guaranteed is $23 mil so that's little more than two years salary at his previous rate annual which was $9 mil and change. So in effect all were paying for now is about two years. He'll have to stay healthy and productive to collect the rest.

The Bears are getting much smarter as far as these deals they cut with their star players. No more Pep like contracts that end up becoming a nightmare for cap management. If they're gonna guarantee something they want that off the table as soon as practical.

Four years from now it's conceivable that both Cutler and Marshall could be gone without handicapping us so much cap wise that it would be tough to replace them. We also don't want their cap numbers to be so high we can't afford to keep them like what happened with Pep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Some people think it's too much for an older reciever. I think it's a bargain. Super production on the field and if he had anything to do with Jeffries development, it's paid back right there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,736 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,081ß
    How the hell did I get a dislike on my post?

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,125 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,545ß
    I saw that. Maybe he hit the dislike by mistake. I couldn't figure out what there was to dislike about the post. I just gave ya a "like" to even it out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,679 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,576ß
    best guess is he was using a mobile device and did not know he hit dislike by mistake........ that or he disagreed.....

6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,736 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,081ß
    Lol...thanks brotha! Yeah I couldn't quite figure it out either.

7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    First, I like Cutler, but you can get better than Cutler. Not easy, but it can be done. With Marshal, you truly have one of the best at his position.

8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    But each one makes the other better. That's the magic of those two. I never would have believed it even after seeing it here in Denver but that was long ago and it only lasted on year. But they do have a connection between their brains that tells one what the other is thinking. The nice thing is Marshall has been willing to share that knowledge with the other receivers too.

• Like Like x 1