Mayock's updated rankings

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ctree5454, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    IDK... I go hot and cold on Bridgewater. Even when hot, I hesitate to use the 2nd on him though.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +973 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    If the next few words out of his mouth involve the word Quarterback, then that is a huge boon for the Bears. A QB taken 1st overall, I believe, will lead to at least 1 more being taken before our 14th pick, meaning we will get one of the 2 or 3 players we covet.

Houston QB! Houston QB!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. butka

butka Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Between them, Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, and Minnesota, I'm hoping two or more will take a QB.
  4. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Very good point. A run on QB's early would do nothing but benefit us. Hell I'd love to see Watkins get drafted high as well, I wish there were a few "can't miss" OT's around to be snagged up. The cool thing about where we're at is unless everyone goes strict BPA there's a solid chance we could get some top 10 talent.
  5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +973 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    Thank you for completing my thought. I don't really see any of these QB's as "top 10 talent".

And Butka, you are correct, there could be 4 QB's taken before us, but all of them have taken QB's at the top of the 1st round recently. I just think that means they will be a little gun shy when looking at this crop of unimpressive QB's.