McCaskeys intend to hold onto Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 29, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,326 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,503ß
    that's how I feel Tarkus. I grew up watching mostly mediocre, at best, football. And grew to resent the Mc's, but the newest guy seems like he's got a basic understanding of the owners job, ie: Hire a someone w/football knowledge, let him make the decisions, write the checks and pay the men their money.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    THIS ! !

the reason .jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Amen...

Gained some maturity in my later years when I also grudgingly gave some credit to them by, in a purely business sense, treating it as a simple money maker & raking in the dough. Of course as fans, we all wanted a Rooney or a Kraft.

Now, like you said, we finally have a football mentality in the mix...
  4. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It seems rather ironic that the owners of the oldest football team in the NFL just doesn't have a clue on how to run a football team. They probably need to hire football people to run the team while they keep their noses out of it. They can then measure the results of the football people they hired and choose to either retain them or get rid of them. I wish George McCaskey all of the best and hope he succeeds. Just keep Micheal out of it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    How true...

I've always had to remind myself that they were carrying on the Papa Bear mentality...to a degree. Remembering the old Ditka quote "He throws nickels around like manhole covers", the McCaskeys have stayed true to Papa Bear's business side with none of the love of the game.

Maybe now without crazy Michael at the helm, we're seeing a new day in BearLand.
  6. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    Ya know, I've been down on McCaskey's as well, but when you think about it, the real problem was just one guy and that was Michael. Papa Bear had a bad run in the late 60's and early 70's, but then he knew he had to bring in modern thinkers and it worked; besides, he not only built this team, but the league.

Once Pap Bear dies, enter Virginia who places effeminate Michael in charge of the Beloved. He sucked and drove the team in the ground, but so far George looks like he's smart enough to know what he doesn't know and he hires people to do what he doesn't know. Don't we ALL have "Michaels" in our family that Grandma just loves and you never know why? Don't we all have Michaels that you would just like to kick in the sack?
    • Like Like x 1