McCaskeys intend to hold onto Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 29, 2013.

1. MIKETOUHY

MIKETOUHY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    If they're so concerned about profit, would they make more money by having a winning team?

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,126 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,486ß
    Mike, they've been trying, problem was they felt that since JA/Lovie had got them to a SB they knew what they were doing...and they didn't. They've fixed this, and the new Mc in charge is willing to take a back seat and let Emery/Trestman right the ship. I think that it might just work.

I don't buy for one minute that the Mc's didn't want a winning team, they just weren't football smart enough to hire the right people, hense why they had to hire a firm to get Angelo. New Mc comes into power, fires JA, hires Emery, gives Emery the reigns to decide if Lovie deserves his job and backs off. Good things seem to be happening since then.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The Bears are the 8th most valuable franchise in the NFL. The McDummies have refused for years to spend the coin on football people. They finally did it when they hired Angelo. Think about how many years came and went before they were willing to do that?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    better late than never Mr.D

I was an anti-McCaskey fan ,..I'm satisfied
    ===============================

plus1.png

5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    I'm just gonna echo sentiments that view this in a positive light. I know I don't have the time in as a Bears fan that some of you have, but having become a fan THE YEAR AFTER DITKA LEFT, I fancy myself to be a bit of a victim of the past regime, that not only hired Dave Wannstedt, but announced the wrong guy as his replacement. No one with any common sense does that ****. That's some "relative of the Caesar gets to be a governor" level of nepotism to even be able to get to that level. And out on his *** the last McCaskey went (Don't know his name, don't bother telling me, I'd rather forget it), and immediately upon the arrival of George, things changed significantly. Angelo's gone within one year, Lovie, two. As far as damage that the past administration has cost the team, I think the best way to see how is that the Bears are the 8th most valuable team in the league, and in the 2nd biggest market, with nationwide support. Call me an optimist, but if I had to guess, even if Trestman and Emery fail, the right type of thinking is going on in Halas, not only to "right the ship" income wise, but to get us a *** ***** ********** ***** ***** ****** ** ***** *** ** ** *** ** * superbowl..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The good thing about the Emery hire is that maybe the McCaskeys finally get it that they need to be willing to spend in the front office to see a better product on the field. And the best they can do is just get out of the way of the front office and not get sentimental over coaches. But man those were some long years watching the Bears struggle and lose when they had no real personnel men running the team. I remember when they gave up a #1 pick for Rick Mirer...lol...I mean they really had idiots running this team way back when. And to think that even recently we could have had Coughlin & Kurt Warner. Not sure how it would have all worked out...but even recently we had some blown opportunities.

7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Mikey was no football genius,... one his first firings was Vanissi

BAD MOVE There

I liked JV how can ya not like a fellow pisan

8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    "Our goal is to keep the Bears until the second coming," said George McCaskey,

Of who, Jesus Christ or George Stanley Halas? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Takes one to know one. :rolleyes:

Hello pot, meet kettle. :D

10. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Was a time I wished for bad things on the McCaskeys. With this last surprising push toward football normalcy, I'll reserve those feelings. Besides, they hand it over to someone else, who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes?

Be careful what you wish for...

• Like Like x 2