McCown, Mills Named Bears’ Piccolo Award Winners

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 6, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,165 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,582ß
    [​IMG]
    Josh McCown. (Getty Images)

(CBS) Former Bears quarterback Josh McCown and offensive tackle Jordan Mills have been named the winners of the Brian Piccolo Award, it was announced Tuesday morning in a ceremony at Halas Hall.

McCown was the veteran winner of the award, while Mills took the rookie honor.

McCown wasn’t present at the ceremony, as he signed with the Bucs in the offseason and is their presumptive starter. Jay Cutler, the man who McCown filled in for during parts of last season in Chicago, accepted the award on McCown’s behalf.

The award is given annually to who best Bear who exemplifies the courage, loyalty, teamwork, dedication and sense of humor of the late Brian Piccolo, a former Bears running back.
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,165 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,582ß
    Truly remarkable comments from Cutler who read commend from McCown who sent them in via email.

Speaking about McCown, Cutler added in that "My only regret is that I did not meet him earlier in life"
    • Like Like x 1
  3. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Thanks for sharing. I didn't know there were two awards, one for a Veteran and one for a Rookie. Very cool.