McCown not a sure thing

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 2, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,061ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I haven't found the "funny" one yet so I'd like to know about that one too but the "thumbs up" or "down" are hidden just below the reply icon.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    If another team wants to pay McCown $4m+/yr, then he should take the money and run and I wouldn't blame him one bit. The Bears can't/shouldn't match that. But....

If Emery lets him walk for the NFL-equivalent of change between the cushions of the couch, then I'm gonna be really pissed. Make a solid damn offer. 2years/$4-5m (total) with incentive money as a sweetener. Cutler hasn't played a full season since 2009. McCown has proven he can get you a win or two in this system if called upon. He also has value off the field as a mentor to a possible draft pick without being a distraction or QB-controversy stirrer.

Make a real effort to keep him, not just a phony half-hearted one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,258ß
    Yeah, no...I have the thumbs down thumbs up thing...but every now and again I'll see a green check mark for agree where the like or dislike thing would be.

4. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,061ß
    Hmmmm, I don't get that just the thumbs for like or dislike and nothing that allows me to rate a post as funny. Maybe it's the browser that influences it.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    All the added stuff is for people that paid to be a member on the board.

6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,258ß
    Ahhhh...gotcha.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    if you were a paid member you could put "informative". If I didn't have 2 kids and 2 dogs I'd be a member too. maybe the next time I get a good payday at the poker table I will.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,060ß
    It's only $25, and it helps Ski with the costs of providing the place here for us. I figure the board is especially well run here. The other messageboards I've been on are nothing close to being as well-run as this one. So I figured it was worth giving Ski something to help pay the light bill :-)

If anyone is interested, here's the link explaining all of this:
    http://www.dabears.com/threads/become-a-superfan.510/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    Hmmm now it looks like he is unlikely to re-sign with the Bears as per nfl.com....( I speel right know?) Lol

10. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    542ß
    Yep, you're the guy. I missed this earlier. I guess I can respond now.

Maybe I am missing your question, and I'm sure you know this, but you would take your SLB off the field in passing situations because that's when the NB comes on the field. When did Anderson become solid against the pass? I've never thought of him as a good pass defender. I know he's bad against the run this year because I got to watch that.

From all the articles I have looked up about Anderson being released from Carolina, it was partly due to cap reason (5 years 22 million is midlevel expensive), part due to injury reasons, but mostly it was because he was bad against the run, and it is specifically detailed that he was bad against the run his last two season in Carolina. Hah, I just looked up his contract on rotoworld. Here's the blurb:

"Anderson, 29, was a March salary cap casualty after back-to-back brutal seasons in Carolina, particularly as a run defender. Bears GM Phil Emery should continue to add talent at linebacker via April's draft. Sun, Mar 24, 2013 04:28:00 PM"

Now, Anderson has been bad against the run for three years. Is someone going to sign him because of what he did in 2010 was just amazing?