McCown wants to be a starter, so probably won't be re-signing with Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,984 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,471ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    4 teams are Bears, Buccs, Jets and Texans

2. dabears

dabears Veteran

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    That's bnot the end of the world if it happens. I am pretty confident that Palmer can be a great fit for Trestman's system.

3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,763 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    Welp, hopefully we can find a good prospect late in the draft. Good luck to McCown (please don't go to the Jets) wherever he goes!

4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,984 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,471ß
    im kind of hoping he lands with the Texans, he could do some damage with Andre Johnson

• Like Like x 1
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,763 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    The Texans have been open about wanting Clowney, and reports I've seen indicate they aren't comfortable with the QB prospects at #1

6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,642 / 2 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,454ß
    If Cutler goes down again, we'll need more than Palmer and a late round prospect. Wouldn't mind the Bears taking a QB in the third-round, to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +879 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    187ß
    Ya know, we fans never REALLY know these guys, but everything we've seen shows that he's a class act and he's getting a shot at a second chance (or 3rd or 4th or 5th depending on how you look at his career). I think we would all like to keep him, but we know the Bears can't just give him what he wants given our needs on Defense and the cap situation. So, with that said, I wish the guy all the success in the world, as long as he doesn't go to a Division rival. Regardless of where he goes, I really don't think he's going to have the same success he did here for 5 games and he really does not have many years left. I haven't given up completely on our chances to bring him back as there are always a lot of cheap talk and smoke screens this time of year, but I do think those chances are pretty slim, so good luck Josh and thanks for all your help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,051 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,305ß
    but, but, but he's supposed to know that he's only good b/c of Trestman and all the talent around him; he's supposed to know that he's not wanting to learn a new system!!! He's supposed to not want/need the kind of money other teams are going to offer him!!!

btw, how many times did I tell all of you that the above was a sload of crap. Of course the guy believes in himself, and of course he's going to want to be a starter and get paid as such.

If a team is willing to give him starter cash and the shot to play, more power to him and wish him all the best, unless he's playing Chi-Town.

• Like Like x 1
  9. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,574 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,738ß
    Yeah, good for him. If he can get the money and a chance to start he's got to take it. Although the Texans have some offensive line issues...but that defense is going to be off the hook next year(as long as everyone stays healthy of course).

10. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    255ß
    Hey, I said Houston as a possible landing spot way back, but it looks like that post was swallowed up by the board.

He wants a chance to start. Houston would be the best chance for him to actually do something with offensive weapons already there.

• Like Like x 1