Meet our new LB, SheaMac

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, Apr 20, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I feel exactly the same way MP.

2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

It's a good thing players aren't picked by appearance alone because if that was the case the HoF would be half empty.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

he looks like he's the size of a freshman in college not a 3 year NFL athlete

• Like Like x 3
  4. tbear1

tbear1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The guy is in better shape than me and plays at the NFL level. So it's hard to criticize too much... But if I saw Shea walking on the beach, I wouldn't immediately think football player. I expect more muscle mass even with body fat >15%. Even his neck isn't wide/thick like you would expect a DE in the NFL.

He is really showing commitment to the change. I am excited to see how this season comes together for him

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I agree they screwed this up big time. As far as his commitment he does not have much choice, he has proven he can not play DE well at NFL level. Hopefully he is a beast or at a minimum shows enough promise to get another shot after this year. He deserves it after being played out of position,.

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Prophetic huh? You really have to wonder what made them think they could ever make a LDE out of him. I think they kid can be a good LB but how good no one knows yet. Hopefully enough to justify the pick.

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

As for his build let's remember this kid is a cobra not a python. He needs to be very quick and wiry strong, not bulky strong. That was Emery biggest mistake. He thought they could get him up to 265-270 and he simply doesn't have the frame for that. It's easy to see that in those pics.

8. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Looking at the pic, I can see now why he could only manage 19 reps on bench press at the combine. I hope this works, but I have my doubts. Speed means nothing if they are running straight at him like last year.

9. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Singletary wasn't fast and neither were Morrissey , Rivera or Hillenmeyer ( to name a few ) . There are others on different teams also . I think he'll be just fast enough and he has good instincts so let's see what happens.

10. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

With all due respect David..opponents were running straight at everyone on the D last year :p