Meet our new LB, SheaMac

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, Apr 20, 2014.

1. [S]alvatore

[S]alvatore Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He looks small because he is natural. That is about as big as you can be without using hormones. He really needs to start using if he wants to take it to the next level.
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    787ß
    This is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too long. I think the Bears should just be allowed to pick our 7 guys and let the teams that need more time go ahead and wait for the draft. Feels fair to me.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,597ß
    Well unless they're lying to us about his weight at 6'3" and 242lbs he's definitely not small. He looks leaner than that but not necessarily lighter because what's there looks to me to be pretty sinewy and wiry and for a LB that's not all that bad as long as they can keep him as unblocked as possible.

He was very fast and cat quick before and I can only imagine that this hasn't slowed him down any. Imagine if he's now running 4.5 40s rather 4.65 40s. He'd have the foot speed of a Safety or even some CBs. One of his main reasons for being is to counter the elusiveness of QBs like Rodgers and he already proved last year that he could do that. I don't imagine that diminishing.

Let's not forget that this kid is actually a very good and instinctive football player once they get him unhooked from having do hand to hand combat with a 320lb OT most every down. He was never built for that to begin with and didn't play that way at BSU either so what they were thinking of trying to change that I'll never be able to figure out.

My only fear is the same one shared by others that his two year aborted experiment at DE has delayed his development as a LB. We can only hope that it hasn't taken a toll on his confidence but I still think the kids football skills will win out and he'll be fine. His weight is less important than his skills is a football player. They may even be able to use him in deep coverage like they did with Urlacher playing him at MLB and/or blitzing him from there.

I'm very curious to see how it works out once they let him play from a two point stance and go on search and destroy missions like they did in college.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    That looks like an nfl player. I can't believe the earlier photos are the same guy. Who knows? If the measurables are real, he may be a real threat. Can't wait for the preseason to start so we can see the new Shea.
  5. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +164 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    I know plenty of natural guys WAY bigger than him.

Again, that's not the end all be all when it comes to being a good athlete. I'm just surprised his physique is THAT unimpressive. He looks like someone's kid brother.
  6. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    maybe we can get him a weave and call him Clay McClellin
  7. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

Ratings:
    +63 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    mkl.jpg

Picture taken 15 mins apart...cameras are evil lol...sorry had to do it after posting two guys without shirts on. Just needed some feel good images.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    787ß
    Doesn't seem fair. I mean the guys had the WHOLE shirt off....
    • Like Like x 4
  9. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Veteran

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    obviously the difference between an Android phone and the iPhone.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    358ß
    Wait till he gets his 1st chance at blitz and confronts a 5'10" blocking RB instead of OT he'll be enjoying life much better as LB. So will we, football can't get here fast enough that's the real problem it's obvious with all these stupid discussions and disagreements over BS.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    I know the guy who prepped him for the combine and rookie season. He was 260 at that time and certainly didn't look like the guy in that before pic. As I said before, we have a guy at our gym who was an all pro and as a rookie weighed in at 245 and he looked a lot more jacked than Shea.
  12. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    I'm not buying this. He had one of the best in the biz when it comes to speed prep him for the combine, and he got him to a 4.6 at 260, and this guy who I never heard of has him running a 4.5 at 252? I don't know man.
  13. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    This is unbelievably false.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Yep, you it it on the head there. At LB he can still be effective pass rusher if properly used and allowed to blitz in key situations. That will be left to Mel Sucker to decide and I hope he can manage that and weaponize him correctly. I'd like to see us send Shea in about 1 of 3 passing downs. From a blitzing LB he will have the jump on the protection. He can catch OTs, TEs or RBs out of position and then use the talent we saw in college.

I'm rooting like hell for Shea. I feel bad that the bears have robbed him by mismanagment of 2 years of his career wasting time in a position he should have never played. I really hope he can turn into a solid player for us. That way, we didn't waste a pick nor did we destroy his career. He seems to be working hard and I hope for his sake and ours it pays off.

Anyone who KOs Rodgers is ok by my book.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    You're advocating that 242 lbs is small for a LB, and he should start using HGH or he won't make it in the NFL? Come back when you have something intelligent to add.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,597ß
    Apparently the report of him weighing only 242lbs is incorrect. This is the info his trainer released. He went for a kind of chubby looking 263lbs to 252lbs and reduced his body fat to 10%. The one stat that really opens my eyes is his 40 time. At 4.5 seconds he's as fast as a Safety and even some CBs can't do better. When they had him up to 263lbs it reduced his 40 time to 4.74 seconds or almost .10 second less than his Combine time. Let's hope after these changes that with his football skills we finally get the player we spent a first round pick on.

According to Prohaska, McClellin has lost 11 pounds, 8 percent body fat and sped up to a 4.5 40 time:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Scot Prohaska @ScotProhaska

Follow
    Shea Mcclellin b4 training was 263lb,18%BF,4.74 40 & 320lb bench. NOW 252lb,10%BF, 4.5 40, 365lbs. Perfect for a LB
  17. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    Who here looks like they are 250 more, picture 1 or 2? Secondly, he ran a LEGIT 4.6 at 260 at the combine...and looked a hell of a lot better than that before picture...what the hell happened to him that he went to a chubby 263 and lost a tenth and a half on his 40 time? Listen...I hope all this is true...I hope he's 250 and running a LEGIT 4.5...he just doesn't look it. But sometimes pictures can be deceiving.

BldqJhJCUAAgymy.jpg-large.jpg 09.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,988 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,005ß
    better yet, which of those 2 pictures look like an NFL player and which one looks like the guy you play flag football with in the rec league?
  19. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    Haha...yeah...well the guy on the right is an NFL player who trains at my gym, and if you knew who he was you would never confuse him with a guy who plays on a flag football team. I'm just a little baffled by what happened with Shea and this transformation he went through. Like I said...I hope it's all true! I hope above hope he's running a 4.5...I'm just really confused.
  20. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,988 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,005ß
    butk, which is the one on the right and left? for me it's top and bottom. guy on the left is shea?