Mel Kiper: Jordan Mills a top-10 rookie "fifth-round steal" of the draft.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 14, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    Rates him even higher than Long. Has him graded as the #8 rookie of the entire 2013 NFL draft class!!!

It's an ESPN Insider article so I can't post the whole thing here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    paraphrase it man
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    What I posted is the Kiper blurb about Mills. I guess Mel is really impressed with his play. Mel said that this is just his grading as of week-1. He said he watched tape on every play for each of the rookies and I guess Mills graded out at #8. He's in pretty decent company with even 1st round draft rookies like Eric Reid, safety for the '49ers.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    great find, justanotherbearsfan. Thanks for the read! In EMERY WE TRUST!!!!
  5. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Little early to name him to the pro bowl, but it is nice to see some of our players showing real talent right from the get go.

Or is this the Ritz effect?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    If your referring to the Eddie Murphy reference I'd be inclined to agree w/you. Like a woman who leaves a man who is abusive only to meet a jerk it's a step up but I don't think we know great line play just yet. It's definitely getting better though.
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +443 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    And think Marquess Wilson was not allowed to suit up I think that one will also be steal as well. If Emery can top this draft class we will have a lot of trading to do because we will not be able to afford them all.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,216 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    I'd say more players will get released.
    If Cornelius Washington sees any amount of play time, and gets a sack or two, we at least have another rotational player, and could draft a guy to replace Peppers.
    If Hester doesn't go "above and beyond", he'll be the easiest to replaced.
    I read someone on here say they think Cutler will probably get "tagged" and his replacement drafted, but a 31 year old QB that has just hit his stride (assuming he has as good a year as it seems he will), especially in this kind of an offense will NOT be replaced; not to be mean, but that's just an illogical thought. In all likelihood, the only QB getting replaced will be Josh McCown. Hopefully not with Johnny Manziel, unless he's a 3rd or 4th round pick.
    Earl Bennett, I would imagine will play his last season as a Bear, unless he starts playing at a higher level (I like the guy, but he's too often injured, and isn't really explosive), and could see another mid to late round pick at WR to go with the other young guys we have, to replace him.
    I only see Henry Melton being replaced if he has either an amazing season or a horrible one, and demands too high of a salary next year. I don't know the numbers, but seeing how close the Bears are to the cap right now, they can't afford the increase in pay another franchise tag would give him, if the Bears intend on "renting" him another year. I'm pretty sure, though, the restructuring of contracts were meant for him and Cutler in mind. But I'm of course speculating.
    Major Wright, for all his flaws, probably won't be replaced, especially with Hardin being released. We'll probably get another high drafted safety, though.
    Garza will at least need a replacement ready, regardless of play, after this season. I doubt that replacement is on the practice squad..
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +443 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I see Hester going bye bye next year. Peppers and Melton I agree need to get on their high horse or both will be in trouble for next year. A Cutler replacement is still hard to find in this next draft so I give him a few more years if I'm the Bears. Jonny boy I don't want any part of here he has all the makings of nacho Sanchez but with more head problems. What a delight that would be for Chicago media and he just doesn't fit Trestman's ways of respecting the game and his philosophy so I say that's a non issue. Earl I agree is also gone Wilson is the easy replacement there and has skills like Alshon so you can never have too many of those guys. Major I see as still safe yes Garza could definitely be on the chopping block.
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,473 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    266ß
    PFF ranked Mills play higher then Longs also, but I take PFF w/a grain of salt. Hub also rated Mills higher and now also Kiper, so I guess it's safe to say that Mills really did impress. better then Long.

I did hear on 670 a few times earlier this week that Emery said that the Bears had a play just like what Bush had against the Vikes but Long actually got in the way of the route or Forte would have had a huge gain also, and he made a few other mistakes, but in the end both are rookies and both were going up against a nasty DL, so you can expect mistakes.
  11. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,002 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    Also take Mel Kiper with a grain of salt, because well...its Mel Kiper, lol.

But yeah...glad people think Mills is a solid pickup, that is just a testament to Emery's skills as GM, and lets hope Mills lives up to all this hype (not doubting him, but 1 game does not a career make, lets see it week in and week out.)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +948 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    252ß
    Agree with Jimmors here. Kiper is more famous for his hair than the accuracy of his hype.

I'm pleased with Mills.....and Long. Today will be the test for them. Minny's DL has abused us for a few years now.
  13. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    While Minny has Allen I'm really not too scared of them. I'm more afaird of Lions DL if they live up to the potential... But we'll see hopefully karma won't come back and bite me..

Our Oline made a hell of a good impression, pretty much everyone. I really hope they can countiue and live up to the expectations.

Emery has really done his homework, not only with his draft but also with the coaches. Tice was praised as the savior of our Oline but failed, so far Kromer is living up to my hope of him being the real savior and he is kinda confirming my hopes!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,002 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    Also, it will be interesting to see how Long and Mills do next week in Pittsburgh when they have their first road game.