Mel Tucker Background

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 8, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

He can set his sights wherever he wants, but he has to actually have success or they will continue to be goals and not realities.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Very true, he seems to have pretty strong roots though, Belicheck / Crennell, Saban, Del Rio along with others

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

yeah... those actually are good creds. That will get you in the door. To stay in the room, you need to show something. If he fails this year the door will close and he's going to be on the wrong side.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Tucker should be just fine. We all know the injuries played a big part of last year, whether or not some want to admit it. If he gets upgrades like Kromer got, we will see top half defense.

6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I am not proclaiming to be very knowledgeable on his teams but it appears he has never had the players he is about to have. His pedigree is solid so it should be an interesting year. The first 3 games last yr before the injury monkey jumped on us we were pretty solid an in the top 7 or so for many defensive categories ( team defense for yards allowed, rush yds allowed, takeaways, and interceptions). With the current players there is no reason we should not be a top 10 defense and potentially a top 5. Our schedule is tougher this year, at least historically the teams we play generally our pretty good. I guess if you want to win the Super Bowl playing tougher teams through the year is a positive and the defense appears to have the players so it should be a fun to watch this thing unfold.

7. TarheelBear

TarheelBear
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

its make or break season for Tucker injury bug bit him last year. But over all it was ugly perfect storm maybe bit of karma whatever evil witch doctor Urlacher hired probably so. I would have rather just had him install his own system last year, but Understand too that Not sure phil wanted switch from old system last year either think was kinda compromise hoping defense would hold up one more year but that just my 2 cents.

Still not convinced Tucker is that guy who can adjust when things start to turn ugly. Just hope they don;t hand cuff him again either let him run a system based on players and talent he has. If that old cover 2 so be it, some 4-3 / hybrid whatever whole different change over from last year def Players. I am expecting atleast top 15 D might be unrealstic but expect offense be top 5, shooting for the stars maybe but I can dream.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I'm gonna pray that he does well this year for two reasons. 1) I'm a huge Bears fan and I NEVER want to see a pathetic defense like that ever again, and 2) If he gets fired I do not want him up in Madison fucking up my Badgers. :shoot:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

That is one of my basic critcisms of Tucker, but then the counter-argument is how does he adjust when he does not have quality players. Then the counter-argument is that new players were brought in. They are not quality because they are not progressing under him. And on and on. The bottom line is results. So far they have not been good. He has some people that I think are more capable of making the adjustments. What I don't want to see is better people around him masking his shortcomings. I hope that Emery has his eyes wide open and that the right decisions get made one way or another this year and these questions are behind us once and for all after this season.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

With the hiring of Paul Pasqualoni as the D-Line coach, we have an easy interim DC if there are continuing problems on defense. Pasqualoni has been DC for Dallas and Miami. Most recently he was HC at UConn. So he could easily assume the role of DC in case Tucker does not work out.

And with all the moves by Emery over the last couple of years, I am sure that Phil will not hesitate to pull the trigger on this if he thinks it is warranted.

• Like Like x 3