Mel Tucker Will Return

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Jan 14, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,359ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Oh I don't disagree with you there...we still gave up points...I was just pointing out we were better against the run. Anytime you can hold AP to 100 and no TD's is a win to me. I will say that those were the only two DT's those teams lost....and while they hurt...it's not like they lost 2 or 3 starting DT's like we did at one point and had to start a DE at DT.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    It's mentality. Some QB's will sit patiently in the pocket and calmly go through their progressions. Wilson and Manziel have a different style of play. If a receiver doesn't come open pretty quickly, they run around to buy time. Also, since they are short QB's, they like to roll out to get better vision of the field and have clear passing lanes. Both of them have good speed and agility, so they are a running threat as well. Finally, they are both very good at this style of QB play. My point was that guy's like Tarenton and WIlson have shown that this style can be effective, and I expect Manziel will be the next.

3. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,359ß
    And my point is that I think manziel is reckless and won't stay healthy. I think he has the tools to do well...I just don't know he'll last. By the way...Wilson hadn't looked great.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    Wilson hasn't looked great, but good enough to go to the Super Bowl. If Manziel goes to a team with a crap OL, your prediction may come true. He's not built to take a ton of pounding. No guarantees with any QB on that score, however.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    Sea is an exception to the rule, that stadium, w/home field advantage, and that Def changes what a limited qb can do. Manziel will not likely have such a complete team around him, and guarnatee he will not have that kind of home field advantage. He also doesn't have the head/maturity of Wilson. Wilson/Sea are exceptions to the rule, not the rule itself, nor a future rule on the verge of being written. Manziel is as likely to end up RGIII then he is RusWil.

6. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    I'd like to see Manziel go to the Browns. You can laugh, but I think they may be a team on the rise.

7. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,359ß
    Remember red grossman was good enough to go to a Super Bowl too. Just sayin...

8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    Rex Grossman, much like Wilson rode the coattails of an amazing D and a solid RB to the SB. If it wasn't a complete meltdown by Colin Crapyourbed, RusWill would be sitting at home.
    That being said, I like Rus, I like Colin, both are young guys that in their 2nd year got to the SB, impressive no matter how you handle it. And to be fair for RWill, he doesn't have a stockpile of O talent around him; 1 legit RB a couple decent WR's and a really good TE. He's weep if he had half the O talent on the Bears; and put up 2x's the #'s Cutler did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,915ß
    That is what I was going to say. The 49ers had his receivers covered like a blanket for the first 3 seconds. All his long pass completions were accomplished by running around in the backfield until they got open deep. Is Harvin coming back for the Super Bowl? That would make a difference. I have been saying for some time that the TV media has Kaepernick vastly overrated. He cracks under pressure. That is why I started that poll a few weeks ago: Did the 49ers trade the wrong QB? Alex Smith would have probably won that game yesterday. Wilson and Kaepernick both get to the SB on their defense.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Yesterday's game confirmed what I had been suspecting about Kap all season:

He's a great runner and improviser with a powerful arm who's a pretty poor traditional pocket passer. He's capable of throwing great distances but lacks accuracy and touch all too often. And it wasn't purely that he was facing a great D on the road in a tough stadium to visit. He had clunker games with regularity this year.

SF has a great D too (we will see how great it is next year after Bowman went down with a bad ACL/MCL) but Kap's surrounding cast didn't help him out like a QB of his limitations required. Gore and Davis disappeared. Crab was nothing special. Boldin dropped more passes than he caught. Wilson out-passed him with receivers like Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse who are B- wideouts at best.

#100 MPbears68, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014