Miami Dolphins @ Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +704 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    949ß
    Cameron Wake is a stud. He was all over Rodgers. We''d better keep somebody back there to protect Jay! Miami had that game won....just couldn't close the show on offense or defense at the end.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +693 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    469ß
    Miami is a tough team. Questionable at QB, and they just lost Knowshon for the year. I think if we are going to win this one we have to force Tannenhill to make plays. I'd feel good in that situation.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,228 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    146ß
    I have the feeling it's going to be a low scoring affair for awhile. Whoever puts 2 scores together back to back will come out with a W. And please double Wake.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Yep, Rosaio doesnt get to play FB against Miami. He has to be double teaming.
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    A final set of numbers from the Atlanta game ... before we take on Miami. Interesting numbers.

DefenseT-ASCKINTFF
    K. Greene6-20.0  
    K. Fuller5-00.0 1
    D. Sharpton4-10.0  
    C. Conte3-00.0  
    W. Young3-02.0  
    J. Allen2-01.0  
    D. Hurst2-10.01 
    L. Houston1-00.0  
    T. Jennings1-00.0  
    C. Jones1-30.0  
    R. Mundy1-00.0  
    S. Paea1-11.0  
    B. Vereen1-00.0  
    Now Greene and the reverend AL Sharpton and Conte and Young are WHO?

BTW ... This Lamar Houston dude ... look up his number of tackles this season.

Remember when we used to sign guys and they used to retire on DAA BEARRSSE?

Like play Halas Hall for every nickel and just fade ..................... I hope we are wrong about Houston.
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    In their last seven home games, Chicago has allowed an average of 150 rushing yards with seven rushing scores.
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    In their last four games at Solider Field, Chicago has surrendered 10 touchdown passes.
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Unfortunately this dude has us thinking about JASON TAYLOR ...

who singlehandedly destroyed us at SOLDIERS in a game some years ago.

Every once in a while Miami can bring a DL that can reek havoc on DAA BEARRSSE,

at Soldiers. Its just a fact.
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Do the last three posts sound like DOWNER news?

Damn straight sweetheart ... those are the facts ... how do we WIN?
  11. DavidL

Ratings:
    +704 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    949ß
    That is why I want to see somebody stay back there to help block him. We can't afford to have him hit Jay over and over like he did Rodgers last week.
  12. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +200 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    151ß
    We used the Fridge as a RB in 85, maybe we need Cornwash back there in '14 protecting Jay.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,262 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,428ß
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/

Dolphins vs. Bears preview
    October, 16, 2014
    8:00 AM ET

By Michael C. Wright and James Walker | ESPN.com

Having played four of their past six on the road, the Chicago Bears finally return home to Soldier Field to host the Miami Dolphins, a team still reeling from falling to the Green Bay Packers in a last-second heartbreaker.
    ESPN Bears reporter Michael C. Wright and Dolphins reporter James Walker take a closer look at the matchup:
    Wright: There’s plenty of second-guessing going on in Miami after the Dolphins blew a lead and dropped that heartbreaker to the Green Bay Packers in the final seconds. Typically, losses like that are emotionally draining for everyone involved, making it tougher to prepare for the next opponent. What’s your sense of how the players and coaches have responded since Sunday’s setback, and do you see the Dolphins finding a way to bounce back on the road against the Bears?
    Walker: Good question, Michael. The Dolphins are putting a “good face” on this loss. Coach Joe Philbin made it a point Tuesday to say this is one of the best practices the team had all season. Players also are beating the drum this week that everything is fine -- the Dolphins are very close, and they were just one play away. That’s what the Dolphins are telling themselves and the media this week. But this is a team that’s lost three of its past four games -– and two were 19-point losses to the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs. At some point, confidence can be an issue for Miami. I don’t believe the team is at that point, because the Dolphins have enough talent to compete with most teams. But anything is possible, especially on the road, and another poor showing in Chicago could create some doubt.
    How is former Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall treating this week? Any extra motivation?
    Wright: That’s a good question because I’m sure Marshall is no different than any other athlete wanting to play better against his former team. But at the same time, I go back to the summer when I had the chance to hang out with him at his house to do an interview for ESPN The Magazine and we talked about the trade to Chicago from Miami. Marshall has said on multiple occasions that the trade to Chicago possibly saved his life.
    Here’s what he had to say about that: “Those people in Miami, they wanted my head for a year or two. But then I come to Chicago and you see me continue to produce at a high level. I had Jay Cutler. I was in a system I was familiar with. So it was career-saving. Now, the life-saving thing we’re talking about, I don’t know if the cameras can see it [Marshall looks around], but look at this beautiful city. You know what I mean? I say that it wasn’t a life-or-death thing. But a lot of us go through life doing things that we don’t love. We’re doing it for the wrong reasons, and we die freaking chasing money or chasing something to pay bills or we’re not happy. But for me, every single day, I walk outside my door and I smell the city air. I look at these tall buildings. I see people wearing Bulls hats, Blackhawks hats, Bears shirts. It’s fulfilling. It’s stimulating. The love and joy that we receive on a daily basis, it sometimes is too much. So that’s what I mean when I say life-saving.”
    Looking at Miami’s defense, it appeared the Dolphins were able to get some pressure on Aaron Rodgers. How confident are you the Dolphins can pressure Jay Cutler similarly on Sunday? Like every other quarterback, Cutler will struggle when teams turn up the heat. But he’ll also take chances that lead to turnovers.
    Walker: The Dolphins’ defensive line was terrific against the Packers. Their run fits were solid and they hounded Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers for three sacks. Miami probably would have had double that amount if not for Rodgers’ scrambling ability and quick release. This is probably the one unit the Dolphins can count on to take its game on the road and play well at Soldier Field. Miami is legitimately seven or eight deep on the defensive line. Defensive ends Cameron Wake (3.5 sacks) and Olivier Vernon (3.5 sacks) get most of the publicity, but the Dolphins have other defensive linemen such as Jared Odrick, Randy Starks and Earl Mitchell who are all playing at a high level. Dominating the line of scrimmage defensively provides one of the best ways for the Dolphins to pull off the road upset.
    Chicago's defense arguably played its best game of the season against the Falcons. Has this group turned the corner?
    Wright: I think the biggest change you’re starting to see is the defensive line is starting to come into its own, and as you know, that can work wonders for a defense as a whole. In the victory over the Falcons, Willie Young, Lamarr Houston and Jared Allen combined for three sacks, three quarterback hits and eight hurries, and Young now leads the NFL in sacks (7). When you’re generating pressure up front, the back end obviously isn’t forced to cover receivers for as long, which helps quite a bit. Also, the Bears have done a much better job stuffing the run on early downs, which has forced opponents into third-and-long situations. That puts opponents in must-pass situations, which in turn allows the Bears to pin back their ears and bring the heat. You’ve also got to give some credit to defensive coordinator Mel Tucker for doing a solid job calling games. He’s done an impressive job of mixing blitzes and coverage and seems to have gotten a good sense for what his players are capable of, which has allowed him to make the right calls at the most opportune times.

If I’m a Dolphins fan, I’d find it a little concerning that Philbin felt “antsy” and “queasy” about throwing the ball with the game on the line in the loss to Green Bay. I saw he said something about the quarterback running for his life, but I also know Tannehill has turned the ball over quite a bit. How much is Tannehill at fault for what I perceive as a lack of confidence in him from the coaching staff, and how much do other factors (suspect offensive line play, struggles at receiver, etc.) contribute?
    Walker: Philbin deserves a bulk of the blame. It’s just not in his coaching DNA to be aggressive, at least at the right times. Sunday’s loss was the latest of plenty examples over the past three seasons. Two years ago, Philbin had an excuse that it was Tannehill’s rookie year. Last year, Philbin could say he still had a young quarterback. But to still coach tight on offense in Tannehill’s third year is concerning and, as you mentioned, doesn’t show enough confidence in his players. Tannehill is a lot of things at quarterback, but I would not describe him as gun-shy or skittish. Usually when the Dolphins play conservatively, Tannehill is at the mercy of conservative play-calling.
    Why have the Bears been a better road team this year? Is that a reason for concern?
    Wright: To answer your first question, to me it seems the Bears have been the victim of circumstance more than anything with regard to how they’ve performed at home versus on the road. But I can tell you the common denominator in each of this team’s three losses -- two of them being at home -- is turnovers. In each of the losses, Cutler threw two interceptions. In the season opener at home, the Bears committed a total of three turnovers, which led to 13 points. Then, when Green Bay came to town in Week 4, Cutler tossed two interceptions, which led to 14 points for the Packers. The following week at Carolina, the Bears turned the ball over four times, leading to 10 points for the Panthers. So to answer the second question, there’s no reason for concern from my vantage point about the Bears playing this week at home. It’s all about the turnovers for the Bears, regardless of venue. Since Marc Trestman took over as coach, the Bears are 7-0 when they finish on the positive side of the turnover margin, 2-7 when they finish on the negative side and 1-4 when the turnover margin is equal. The Bears have scored 49 points off takeaways this season, which might be a little scary for Tannehill

Btw, the point about Cutler's 2 int's in each of the 3 losses and his 2 to 1 TD to int ratio? Cutler on his ESPN show said that 2 to 1 is good, but the goal is 3 to 1; I agree w/how easy it is to score right now in the NFL b/c of the rules ball protection is at a premium like never before. Also P Mannelly, you know a guy that played footall and in the NFL, said all 3 losses are all on Cutler b/c of those poor decisions that led to those int's.

imo the Bears win this game if the OL can limit the pressure the Dolphins will bring, and Cutler just continues to make the smart choise.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,649 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    I would agree and add that Cutler needs to help by having a quick release of the ball too. This Miami DL will murder him if he hangs onto the ball too long. It makes me really frustrated when he holds on to the ball so long that he not only takes these sacks but also fumbles away the ball. Part of this is definitely on the OL, but Jay could help things out (like Aaron Rodgers did last week) and fire that ball quickly - and if the play isn't there, then simply throw the ball (safely) away.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    I just don;t think he can process as fast as Rogers. Not many people can.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,649 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    I agree, and I don't expect him to be Rodgers. Some games this year he's improved with his decision making in general, and getting the ball away fast in particular. This really needs to be one of those games. Surely Trestman will hammer this point home to him this week. I think this could be THE difference between winning and losing Sunday. Because if he fails to get rid of the ball quickly in this game, he'll probably get hit early and often and could fall back into a "Bad Jay" day.
  17. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I am trying to predict the future here- in hopes that I will be proven wrong. Our O-line has been far from spectacular, and I can see this being one of those games that Jay gets knocked around, starts getting happy feet, throwing off his back foot, and making horrible decisions, that will ultimately cost us a winnable game.

That is my prediction, but I am hoping I am wrong, I am hoping that this isn't the point of the season where we lose Jay to an injury, and hoping that the Bears can continue to build off of last week's win and get another. I am just no longer optimistic.
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    That's the damned thing of it all. Every week, it can go either way and you just know until the game starts. Hopefully, whatever has gotten them to improve will start to become consistent.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,537 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    538ß
    Dolphins are decent. Miller is a better RB than Knowshown anyway, and I agree with Tackie the Toke man.
  20. DavidL

Ratings:
    +704 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    949ß
    Cutler has been pretty good about dumping it off to Forte when he feels the pressure. I expect to see more of that Sunday.