Miami's Dion Jordan suspended four games

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by little bear, Jul 3, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +640 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    275ß
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...jordan-suspended-four-games-for-ped-violation

Dion Jordan suspended four games for PED violation

The Miami Dolphins will begin the 2014 season without last year's first-round pick Dion Jordan.
    The Dolphins announced Thursday that Jordan has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
    "We were disappointed to learn about Dion's suspension," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said in a statement released by the team. "Dion has accepted responsibility for his actions and is committed to improving, both on and off the field, in preparation for the upcoming year."
    Jordan -- the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 draft -- also released a statement through the team.
    "I recently learned from the NFL that I tested positive for stimulants that are banned under the NFL policy," the statement read. "I worked carefully with my advisors and the union to investigate the test results, and I take full responsibility for the test results.
    "I'm very sorry for the impact of this situation on my teammates, coaches, Stephen Ross, the entire Dolphins organization, fans and my family as well. I will continue to work extremely hard during training camp and preseason. During the suspension, I will stay in top shape and will be ready to contribute upon my return."
    Jordan is eligible to return to the Dolphins' active roster on Sept. 29 following the team's Week 4 game against the Oakland Raiders. The Dolphins have a bye in Week 5.

--------------------

Too bad the Bears are playing the Dolphins in week 7.
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    397ß
    Lucky to have the bye week immediately following the suspension, that gives him the time to work with the team in a more significant manner.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,682 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,152ß
    Love those canned responses the team PR people write for these guys. I'm sure the emotions are just a little different.

So now we have the 2013 #3 overall pick and the #4 overall pick (Lane Johnson) getting their pee pees whacked for testing positive for PEDs. Ya gotta wonder just how many substances are on that list and how many times these deals are accidental use.