Mills aims to take game to next level

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Newsman, Jul 24, 2014.

1. The Newsman

The Newsman Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    ChicagoBears.com News:

After starting all 16 games as a rookie fifth-round draft pick, Bears right tackle Jordan Mills wants to raise his game to another level.

Continue reading...
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Mills aims to take game to next level

Posted 6 hours ago
    By Larry Mayer
    After starting all 16 games as a rookie fifth-round draft pick, Bears right tackle Jordan Mills wants to raise his game to another level.

One of the most pleasant surprises of last year's training camp, Bears fifth-round draft pick Jordan Mills[​IMG] earned the starting job at right tackle and proceeded to open all 16 games.

[​IMG]
    Jordan Mills started all 16 regular season games last year as a rookie.
    As he begins his second NFL camp, Mills is far from satisfied, saying that he's determined to "perfect my craft and get better at everything, and not get complacent about anything."

"I want to become great at everything and just help my teammates," Mills said, "be with my brothers on the O-line protecting Jay [Cutler], opening holes for Matt [Forte], and getting Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Marquess [Wilson] and Martellus [Bennett] enough time to get open and just have fun this year."

Entering camp, Mills insists that he's fully recovered from a broken foot that he sustained in last year's season finale against the Packers, an injury that forced him to miss part of the offseason program.
    "The trainers had to slow me down," Mills said. "They put me on a treadmill and I was going at a thousand percent. But my mind said after I had surgery that I was going to do whatever I had to do to get back on the field. I didn't favor it at all and it's like I never broke it."
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    If he succeeds we got ourselves a real 5th round bargain.