Mills is STILL out of practice; Chris Williams returns

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 18, 2014.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    Just a quick update based upon today's practice. About to go on 2 weeks of Mills being unable to practice, but at least Chris Williams as back out there. Fuller also sat out, but my spies tell me that Holmes looked good in his first official practice as a Bear. Trestman is scheduled to give an update on the injured Bears in a little bit. I will try to post his thoughts/comments within this thread. Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...rs-practice-fuller-holmes-20140818-story.html

Receiver Santonio Holmes joined the Chicago Bears on the practice field Monday for the first time. The eight-year veteran wore jersey No. 14 and performed position drills with the other receivers duing the portion of practice media were permitted to watch.
    Cornerback Kyle Fuller did not participate while reporters watched. He left Thursday's exhibition game after injuring his right ankle on the opening kickoff.
    Right tackle Jordan Mills remained sidelined with a sore left foot. He has not practiced since Aug. 5.
    [​IMG]
    Readers' Q&A: Brad Biggs' Bears mailbag
    Brad Biggs
    Receiver Chris Williams returned to practice for the first time since straining his right hamstring in the Aug. 8 exhibition game.
    Tight end Dante Rosario returned to practice. He missed Thursday's exhibition game with an injured calf muscle.
    Offensive linemen Eben Britton (left hamstring) and Brian de la Puente (left knee) remained out, as did cornerback Isaiah Frey (right hamstring).
    Bears coach Marc Trestman is expected to answer questions about players' statuses at approximately 2:45 p.m.
    rcampbell@tribune.com
    • Like Like x 2
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    It seems like forever since he's been practicing.
  3. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    yep, I agree JABF99. It is BAD MOJO that his surgically-repaired foot is so balky, regardless of how you look at it!!!!
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,895 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,220ß
    I know he was the lowest graded starting OL started we had, but I'm not sure anyone else that we have is as good.
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Good to see CWill back and just in time too. We need some dynamics on returns this week.

It's bothersome the BOTH Mills and Britton are out and that what's keeping them out continues to nag them for so long. The fact that DLP is also out for a while cut the previous plan for depth right to the bone.

I'm gonna keep an eye on Ola and Roland this week and who ever replaces Long and Garza. One of the guys they signed, Turner or Gandy, may well make the opening day roster. If these guys aren't ready to go in three more weeks Trestman and Emery are gonna have some tough decisions to make.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    On a side note, don't you just hate hamstring injuries? I do. Even when a player does come back it can be awhile before some players are really playing at their former level. We always seem to have a ton of them over the course of a season too. I hate 'em.
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I think Ola and Roland can probably match what Mills did last year. Tough game coming up. Those are two guys we should watch.
  8. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,895 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,220ß
    You think? I have no opinion on them as I have only been watching with them in mind as backups. That's good to hear. BTW, I heard the Tucker PC, and I sure did like his interview. I think that may be one of the reasons he is still here. He really is well spoken and does seem to know his stuff -- I'm sure that had some sort of impact during the decision process, and if it did, I imagine it would only have been positive.. Ultimately though, it needs to show up on the field. That has been missing and I hope it happens soon.
  9. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Ya, it's an awkward sort of injury that simply trotting down the field can aggravate. If it's any consolation, he was a durable player while here. Let's hope that continues.

About Mills, foot injuries are another pain (literally) as we don't really give our feet a rest unless we're in bed or a wheelchair. As someone who has had his share of foot pain, I can relate.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +829 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    879ß

I read this the other day and found it quite positive on the new guy Turner,

Position: Back-up OLs

Up: Robert Turner - For a guy that just joined the Bears this week Turner played very well on the interior line. He played more snaps than anyone on the Bears offense (46) and played mistake free football. Turner had the key trap block on Senorise Perry’s game winning TD run. He was also the Bears highest graded lineman overall by PFF and had the 2nd best grade overall behind Jay Cutler.
    Up: James Brown - One of the most impressive of the Bears backup lineman for the 2nd week in a row. Brown played guard last week and most of his Bears career, but lined up at left tackle Thursday and played surprisingly well. Two plays stood out to me; On the first Brown was beat by a quick first step, but he drove the DE way outside of the pocket giving Palmer plenty of time to throw. The second was on a short dump off to Senorise Perry. Brown hustled to the 2nd level and helped Perry gain a couple extra yards. He didn’t crush anyone, but he made the effort to give Perry some help.
    Up: Ryan Groy - The undrafted rookie had the key block on Ka’Deem Carey’s 15 yard run. Groy pulled from the right and sealed the LB out of the hole. Groy isn’t known for his mobility, which makes it that much more impressive. He was beat bad on one pass play resulting in a hit on Palmer, but Groy was the Bears highest graded run blocker by quite a bit (1.2) according to PFF.
    Down: Michael Ola – He wasn’t terrible, but after playing so well in week 1 Ola lost some momentum in week 2 with a hands to the face penalty and no push in the run game.
    Down: Joe Long - Got absolutely roasted on a pass play but luckily Palmer got rid of the ball quickly. The only time I have noticed Long in two weeks is when he is getting beat.
    Down: Taylor Boggs - Had a bad shotgun snap and was pushed around in the running game for the 2nd week in a row.
    No Change: Charles Leno Jr – Some good, some bad. Leno got beat bad by former 10th overall pick Tyson Alualu for a sack and had a false-start penalty, but outside of those two plays Leno was really solid. That’s a wash in my book.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,895 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,220ß
    Good stuff. Thanks. There are so many of these and every reporter seems to have their own take. First time I had heard Ola moving down for instance. I had not made not of Browns play (I should have paid more attention) so tat is good. About the only one I can say I have paid attention to and agree with is Long. He was pretty damn bad.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1