Minnisota Vikings @ CHICAGO BEARS

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Sep 8, 2013.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

It worked. We proved it could work with Cinncy. A WIN.

We have an OL ... we also seem to have a QB that cant get off of throwing to one WR.

This wont get solved overnight ... but I hope it gets solved before next weekend.

They are going to run Adrian Peterson down our throat because lets be real ...

Chistian Ponder is my backup QB on my FFL. And he was the last guy drafted.

I expect Adrian Peterson to go nuts ... why else would they hire him ?

Its the rest of the team that we should make a non issue concerning the Vikings.

We spent high picks on LINEBACKERS in the draft ... WELL BOYZ ...HERES ADRIAN PETERSON .

EARN YOUR MONEY.

Announcer : Ponder drops back ... looks the field over and hands off to Peterson ...

Peterson trys the 2 gap and IS STUFFED BY BOSTC for no gain !

Other Announcer : That brings up Third down and six ... does Ponder toss the ball?

And why isnt there any decent home grown BEER in Minniapolis ?
  2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

Peterson will get contained and won't get no where near the yards he's used to getting from him running the ball down our throats, the Vi-queens o-line is nothing like the Bengals o-line is and the Bears defense should have a good game against them......main thing will be SOUND tackling against Peterson, everyone will have to be to sure to wrap up Peterson during the tackle to slow him down so other defenders can get there to help stop his forward motion.

If the Bears do this and limit Peterson's yards, all the pressure will fall on Ponder's shoulders which will play directly I the Bears defense.
  3. soulman

soulman

Saying we need to limit AP and actually doing it is two different things. That guys is scary good.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Yeah, as bad as our Defense was against the Pass, everyone forgets that we shutdown their run game. AP didnt even break 100 yards today, so its possible to contain him.
  5. shark86x

shark86x SuperFan

James Anderson was impressive yesterday. Briggs has seen AP plenty and knows what to do. I think we'll be okay containing AP.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

A.J. Green torched us for 2 TD's

MEANWHILE ...

Jerome Simpson WR Minnie torched Deeeeeeeeeeetroit for 140 yds receiving.

Looks like Peanut and Jennings dont get a week off.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68

Christian Ponder << Andy Dalton
    • Like Like x 3
  8. omc1969

omc1969

Can't compare Minn. to Cincy in any way, shape or form. Cincy is WAY better in all areas except at RB and we have contained him in the past. Also the Detroit secondary sucks big time. Jay could put up big numbers against them.
    ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Bears should win. Let AP get his, because you know he will whether you let him or not. Just stop everything else
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

IF THE BEARS CONTAIN Peterson and hold Ponder at bay, ...get him pondering even with couple,.... 3 or 4 sacks ,,,,,MORE EVEN

It's anutter win for ,........ Daaaaaaaaaa BEARS
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MPbears68

MPbears68

Beating Minnesota isn't exactly a super-secret formula like Coke or the D-Day invasion or something.

Basically, you load the box with an extra safety to contain AP (just don't let him win the game all by himself) and DARE Christian Ponder to beat you. He generally can't.

If you have any kind of a decent pass D (and the Bears have a stellar DL and 2 pro bowl CBs), HE CAN'T.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Benjamin

Where was that Stellar DL on Sunday?
  13. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

Don't worry, the Bears d-line will show up and Ponder will be running for his life, best believe the bears will be putting the pressure on and our secondary will get some picks.......the only way the Vikings will win is if Peterson has a good game and that won't be a given come this sunday.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Benjamin

AP tends to have a field day against the Bears
  15. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

He did in the past, but those days are over......AP will get some yards but nothing that will turn the tide to help the Vikings win come sunday.
  16. mdbearz

mdbearz

AP is going to get over 100 yards, but I see the Bears winning because we might actually have an Offense this year, and that will force Minnesota to eventually abandon the run game.

Ponder is another Orton, he can not take the game on his back and win it.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. The Benjamin

Well until we show that we can stop him, all we can do is assume it will happen again. I will not say we can stop him until we do. Last weeks DL performance did not give me anything to believe we can stop the best RB in the NFL from doing whatever he wants
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 4dabers

4dabers

I agree with Benji; I understand the rust that Melton and Pep probably had and I'm willing to wait to pass judgement beyond just the first game of the season, but AP could have a field day on us. DJ Williams better strap it up as well, AP will pass him by like he's waiting for a train. The Bears SHOULD win this game handily, but they call games like this "traps" for a reason.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 4dabers

4dabers

One more thing, my ol buddy Lance better remember how to tackle as well...but I'm confident he will;).
  20. soulman

soulman

The key is doing the same to them as everyone did to us for years. Bottle up AP as best we can, prevent the big play, and force Ponder to win it through the air and I doubt he can. I think the pass rush will be much better this week and our secondary is out to prove that last year was no fluke. Forcing Ponder to throw should result in some picks and a few sacks.
    • Like Like x 2