Mock offseason 2.0

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jan 21, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Ya I've seen Mack on a lot of scouting/mocks, but I'll be suprised if he's there at 14. If he is then the Bears would be foolish not to jump on him.

2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,263ß
    I wouldn't be shocked either way...the draft is funny.

3. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Skov was a blitzing linebacker at Stanford. Coverage was not his game. That's my reason to be hesitant.

4. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    Mack is a helluva player, but is he a Mike backer in a 4-3? I dunno. He will likely be a stud wherever he goes, but is he hyped a bit too much? Not sayin, just sayin.

5. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    120ß
    I'm not sure if that is the offseason I'd want to see tbh

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    German, really me either, and I don't expect it to be what happens. But again, remember that minus the pass rush, the DL was holding together just fine in the run game and what they did lack was sacks b/c Peppers/Shea/Wootton weren't getting there enough. I think Woottton would have been fine eventually Shea was on the field more then any other D player this year other then Jennings, that won't be a problem for the DL this year, and you've replaced Shea w/Bass who actually played pretty well, for awhile I saw he was ranked around 25th for DE's. You also replace Peppers w/Griffen who had 8 sacks last year.

Not sure what's not to like about a completely overhauled set of DB's though, it was the major issue last year and if the team is going to be more agressive you need guys that can actually cover and not just rely on the front 4 to get pressure to force the qb to makes mistakes eventually. Remember all of this is just an exercise in what MIGHT happen, and I still think that D is more then capable of playing at a average level. but again not my favorite offseason either, just be prepared anything w/Emery.

Zel, again we don't know what the D scheme will be, it's possible our MLB WILL blitz more, actually DJ WIlliams in 6 games has 2 sacks and 3 stuffs, so he was playing in the backfield a lot, its very possible that Tucker wants his MLB to blitz.

As for Mack, the one thing he has going for him that Emery will want is "versatility" the scouting report I read on him said he could play every LB position in both a 3-4 and a 4-3. If the Bears do want to run a hybrid, or do switch to a 3-4 eventually he'd be pretty helpful.

7. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    And cursed when it came to drafting oline in first round but that worked out pretty well this time? New Era!

• Like Like x 1
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,263ß
    Yeah, with his size and speed he can play anywhere. He has 2 int returns for td's, and 11 sacks this year, as well 75 career tackles for a loss and 16 forced fumbles, we could do a lot with him scheme wise. I do think he'd be a better fit in a 3-4 though...but he does remind of a certain someone who rushed the passer well from the lb spot.

9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    248ß
    Didn't we just miss on a S/CB in Bradon Hardin?

I think the curse is firmly still in place.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    hardin came pre inj'd though didn't he. That's the curse, the Bears cannot take pre inj'd guys, which is what scares me about Nix.

• Agree Agree x 1