Mock offseason 2.0

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jan 21, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,708 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    Same offseason, no trade back:

1st Mosley, ILB, Mack is no where to be found outside of the top 10 and the Bears need a MLB that is capable of starting day one, and CJ fills that bill, they won't take another shot at a 2nd round pick when this years MLB class seems fairly weak.
    2nd Loucheiz Purifoy, CB the Bears still need a starting CB opposite Jennings and Purifoy has the size and speed to handle the job.
    3rd Ahmad Dixon, SS, the Bears need a guy that can start opposite Conte(if he's still the starter) so SS is the need, not FS, they'll look for a FS to fill that need later. Dixon is fast, physical w/good instintc and is versatile playing S and hybrid LB something that Emery looks for in players.
    4th Antone Exum, S/CB Antone again shows versatility and, as a bonus seems to a ballhawk w/a knack for getting the ball out of the opposing players hands.
    5th Joe Dun Duncan, TE back up TE and also has the ability to play FB/H-Back, and an athlete more versatility for Emery who also likes athletes. He's a bit small compared to other WR options on the Bears, but as we've seen there are a lot of balls to go around outside the Big 4, so his versatility will be valuable.
    6th Kenny Ladler, FS another ballhawk for a team that likes to turn the ball over, and more depth at the S position.
    6th Tyler Larsen, C Bears need a future starter at C, and Larsen could be that guy, his strong suit in college was run blocking, and that is something the Bears OL has been weak at since the SB year.

UDFA Signings: Marcus Coker RB, bears get a potential line mover, Chris Thomas, RB(speed/potential change of pace guy), Jalen Saunders WR(speed WR), Kyle Christie P, Ashton Doresy DT, Mister Cobble, NT, Braden Hansen G/C, big kid that fits the G mold Kromer wants, Tyler Russell, QB, his got the size Emery wants, and has potential, but has a lot of improvement to do if he's going to turn into anything, well he's now got the QB whisperer and 3 years to learn.

QB: Cutler, McCown, Russell,
    OT: Bushrod/KLong/Mills/Britton/JLong,
    OG: Slauson/Brown/Long/Boggs
    OC: Boggs/Hansen/Slauson
    TE: Bennett/Duncan/Fendie
    RB: Forte/Ford/Fiametta/Coker/Thomas/DuncanWR Marshal/Jeffery/Wilson/Tolliver/SaundersDT: Melton/Collins/Wootton/DoresyNT: Paea/Collins/CobbleDE: Wootton/Griffen/Bass/Cornwash
    LB: Briggs/Shea/Bostic/Greene/Mosley/Spikes
    CB: Jennings/Purifoy/Bowman/ExumS: Conte/Dixon/Frey/Ladler/ExumP Son of Butthead/ChristieK Gould
    LS FA(name one)
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    Mosley would be great!!

I still tend to think that as bad as the Bears have been at drafting Safeties, they have not had a coverage, ball hawking FS for a very long time. As a matter of fact I would tend to say that all the safeties that we have had in recent years were SS, and Conte is the closest we have been, to a FS and he sucks.

Honestly I want them to go out to the FA market and find a coverage guy that has proven himself.

If we didn't draft a Safety at all this year it would not break my heart.
  3. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'd take a Saftey before a CB. Going with a LB with the 1st could very well happen.
    I don't think we'll see a draft without taking DL
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,708 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    Md, you cannot go into a draft w/fearing the idea that you cannot draft a position, take the best player available in a position of need

German, it will depend on what they do in FA, which is the point of this, in FA the DL is taken care of, leaving the holes to fill in the back 7. This isn't what I believe is going to happen, it's just a way of getting people off the idea that DL/DE are a required 1st two picks, and that the draft HAS to be all Def. Neither is a truth.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,076 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    427ß
    On your first take in the thread:
    Bowman is a F/A, so would need to be resigned.
    Logan Thomas flat sux. Trust me, locally all they do is cover VaTech, and he suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I wouldn't waste a Packers pick on him.
    I'm not a fan of drafting a TE. We have/had a glut of them and don't need another.

Nice job overall. I know it took a long time to put that together.
  6. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Thomas is disappointing in Mobile. He can be had later if we want him at all.
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,708 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    I had Bowman as a FA re sign.
    2 things on Thomas, 1st and foremost, he is the ideal size for what Trestman/Emery want, and 2 at the time of the mock he was mocked around 4th-6th and it was before the mobile stuff. I don't think he'll go that high, chances are that Z is right he could be had much later, I'm merely going in an area where he COULD be had. 3rd, remember this is a kid that will have 3 years to work w/Trestman, so what he is now, and what he could be is completely different, McCown completely sucked until he got 1 year w/Trestman; just sayin.

the 2 TE's we have behind Bennett both are projects, the team needs a legit backup TE in case 1 or both fail to take the next step; and this kid can also play H-Back and FB if Fendi or Miller do take the next step. Again this will not, nor will any, draft be all 1 side of the ball, and the O does need a TE, RB, another OL, QB and another WR(imo in that order).