Mock Offseason Feb 9th - By WindyCity

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ZifanQ, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    80ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I just feel upon a mock offseason by WindyCity. I've always liked WindyCity's mockdrafts so I thought I would post it here. At least the link since I cba to copypaste.
    Would be nice if he could post them here aswell like last year!
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=542068

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,470ß
    I'm pretty sure he's coming back as soon as FA starts.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,312ß
    Not a fan of bringing Garza and McMannis back, seems a bit of a waste.

No way in hell the team is getting Byrd, who wants a 9mil contract, not a 6mil the first year and then 9mil, and other teams will give him that 9mil.
    No thank you to another vet rb backup, please please please no more, just draft one late and get a cheap young effective guy.

The draft is solid enough though, although I'm not sure why he's taking Donald at 14, I cannot see Nix, Hagemen and Jernigan gone before 14, and all are better options then Donald. If those 3 were off the board, then there's next to no chance that Ealy, Truitt, Clinton Dix and Pryor are; and if they are, then how the hell do you not grab Mosely at ILB and get a similar guy like Donald at 2?

I do like how he's getting O talent at the back end of the draft, team needs a C, you get one later, need a depth WR, get on later, need a backup TE, get on later, and he has the Bears doing that; while also getting potential starters on D.

This is not one of his better mocks.

4. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    80ß
    The Garza really depends on whether Kromer thinks Boggs is our furture center or we'll have to draft one/sign a FA. If Boggs isn't our furture center and the only center we pick up is through the draft I would like to have Garza has back-up/starter in the season, and let our rookie take over doing the season unless he is another Mills pick up.

I don't see us landing Ward or Byrd either, but you never know with this Emery guy. Magic happens in FA, but I imagine both of them wants too much cash. If this is the case I really don't see us passing on Cliton-Dix if he is available at 14th. But then again it's Emery who is drafting, so I wouldn't be surprised if he picked a guy like Donald.

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,312ß
    True enough about Emery, he can both be a magic worker and a head scratcher. I'm not saying he won't go w/Donald, just that I cannot see why when those other 3 DT's should mostly be on the board.

6. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +879 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    187ß
    Not my favorite Mock either, but Windy will do several of these to show various options; this may not be his favorite either. It does address many of our needs, but I would be a bit disappointed with this draft. I'll wait for Windy's next one to see if I like it better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,312ß
    I was reading a few more things on that msg brd from him, he seems really high on Donald and much less high on guys like Hageman. I'm never a big fan of taking guys from smaller schools early though, I want someone a little more proven and honestly I'm tired of the light weight DT(if you can call 280+ light). from what I'm reading on him he's also scheme limited which isn't really an Emery trait, Emery is about versatility, which is why Truitt/Hageman actually make more since(not like Emery wouldn't pounce on Truitt if even if he's an early 2nd round guy). Both are bigger and look to be able to be more verasitle.

I'll hardly knock him for thinking out of the box, I purposefully did that several times.

8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,585 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,756ß
    Donald went to Pitt....since when is that a small school? I'm with you though...I think thats a bit early for Donald.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,312ß
    I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong on college football, but since when has Pitt been a powerhouse in college football? ACC isn't exactly a football power conference.

I'd be okay w/Donald if I believed the Bears were looking for strictly cover 2, 4-3 DT's; I'm just not sure that's what they want. If they want scheme versatility and confusion then I would think Hagemen/Truitt make more since if they go that way in round 1, both are seen as DT/DE's which means they could move all over the field and both appear to be big enough to play NT in a 3-4; where Donald is seen as strictly a 4-3 DT.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,021 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,391ß
    It sounds like Donald is a late 1st rounder at best, and maybe will drop to the early 2nd round. It would be quite a "reach" to spend our #14 pick on him. I'd be okay if we traded down to get him, but even then he doesn't sound like anything special to me. I'd be pretty disappointed if he were our first pick in this draft.