Mosley article with tape

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 18, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +443 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    235ß
  2. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    IMHO Mosley would be a decent pick, but there are 2 problems, 1. im not sure he'll still be there and 2. im not sure if he fits well, hope hes not a Bostic 2
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +443 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    235ß
    I agree he may not be there he is a top talent with great versatility, I have no doubt he can play MLB in a 43. In a hybrid he could float to multiple positions and in 34 he is ready made.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Like I said many times, there are any number of players that can help this Defense with the 14th selection and this kid is one of them. We all know there are players that "might not be there", so that is a moot point. We could all probably count 5 players that will certainly be gone by the time we pick; we are not getting Clowney, but outside of those 5, anything can happen due to teams that reach for need.

Miljan, I understand your concern about Mosley being a Bostic 2.0, but for what it's worth, I don't think we need to worry about that (JMHO). I recall this time last year we were all debating about the merits of the 2013 crop of linebackers. I honestly didn't like any of them and suggested we wait until THIS year, because I really liked Mosely, and at that time Andrew Jackson. Mosley has stayed strong while Jackson, not so much. No one can guess about the future of Mosley's health based on past injuries, but in terms of Quality, this kid blows Bostic away (and I'm not really down on Bostic). I really don't think we're going to get what we want out of Greene, but I think Bostic will come around to be a pretty good Linebacker. I also believe strongly that SheaMac is going to transition REALLY well to LB and I would really like to see him at MLB, which would make the Mosley pick less desirable. Ultimately, someone is going to be there at 14 that will help our D and the best thing for us (at least in my opinion) is that the floor for these guys is pretty high. I really don't think there are guys with high bust potential that we are considering at 14.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Actually, I've gotta say that soul has really turned me around and got me looking hard at Chris Borland from Wisconsin. If he was 2 inches taller he would be a first rounder, and as it stands now, I'm not sure he'll make it all the way to 51 in the second, but I'd sure take him there. If you haven't watched any of his highlights yet, then take a look. I really like Aaron Donald at 14, but I've gotta say that I would be really excited if we grabbed Clinton-Dix or Pryor in the first and Chris Borland in the 2nd. These kids are gamers.
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +443 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    235ß
    Just seems we need an extra pick in the first 3 rds to cover the needs we have. DT, CB, S and MLB in no particular order and the player quality is starting to drop off by round 4. Extra pick in rd 2 or 3 would help cover all positions with potential starters/contributors day 1. If we draft them before a TE like Niklas or Fiedorowicz they need to start or at least be able to backfill in case of injury with minimal negative impact. I am not seeing a S or CB in rd 3 or 4 shoe could start so if you go DT and MLB later you may be able to get Sutton or Quarles depending on which Big Board you look at but MLB is then a wasted pick in rd 4.
    One of these positions is not going to be strengthened unless we find another Mills somewhere. (not probable). Guess that is why I like a CB in rd 1 who could play S and move up to CB if an injury happens. This could allow us to address DT and MLB in rd 2 and 3. Yep just seems we need another pick in the first 3 rounds and if Donald is not the man maybe trading with Cleveland or San Francisco is not such a bad idea. Now that Arizona is rumored to be looking at QB with the 20th pick maybe Cleveland would want to get back in front of them and give up their 1 and 2nd round pick to do it. Seems it would be a lot easier to cover our needs with starter quality players that way.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    I'm in your camp as well.