My Fanspeak Mock.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 29, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I never do mocks because 1) there are way too many possibilities, and 2) I'm really not too familiar with players who may be drafted after the 3rd or 4th round. So I'll substitute this. By round and position these are guys who might be fits. I might add that I'm very opposed to spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on any player who has little or no chance to start in 2014 and hesitant to draft any offensive player before the defensive needs are filled. I realize one may sneak in here based on being a BPA at QB, RB, TE or OC but I'm ignoring that here.

1st Round: (I've listed then as I see the priority of the position 1st round only)
    Donald DT
    Jernigan DT
    Clinton-Dix FS
    Pryor FS
    Gilbert CB
    Dennard CB
    Fuller CB

2nd Round:
    Quarles DT
    Ward FS
    Barrow MLB
    Jean-Baptiste CB

3rd Round:
    Reid DT
    Johnson DT
    Borland MLB
    Aikens CB
    Bucannon FS/SS
    Reynolds FS

4th Round:
    Sutton DT
    Skov MLB
    Bullough MLB
    Loston FS

I may be off by one round on some of these guy and some may rise and others drop but based on what info I have now and also based on the Bears needs and the type or types of players who fit them these are all guy who may be on their board in the rounds I've suggested.
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    upload_2014-4-6_10-52-53.png

Different view, Gilbert may beat out one of our existing CB's and if not he is the new Nickel.
    S does not hold value after rd 2 unless you wait til rd 6, by then they would probably not even make the team. If we draft a Safety in has to be Dix, Pryor, Joyner, or Ward. Sneaker would be Jaylen Watkins played S prior to CB.
    Sutton may not be Donald but the quality of Gilbert and Ward more than offset missing Donald.
    ILB needs to be addressed Preston Brown all over the board, Mayock has him as his 5th best MLB, Would prefer Bullough and Barrow more of a 34 ILB, gives us depth and a true MLB. Still tough not taking Mosley in rd 1
    Need another RB and I really have not been paying much attention to them, Thomas is best one on the board so I took him
    CB Aikens doubt he will still be avail but if he is gotta take him
    TE Lyerla gives added competition. Maybe Onubun will progress but I am not holding my breath
  3. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I would be happy with this one

Arizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosDetroit LionsGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsKansas City ChiefsMiami DolphinsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNew York JetsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersSan Diego ChargersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksSt. Louis RamsTampa Bay BuccaneersTennessee TitansWashington Redskins

CB JUSTIN GILBERT
    OKLAHOMA STATE

DE STEPHON TUITT
    NOTRE DAME

DE TRENT MURPHY
    STANFORD

RB CHARLES SIMS
    WEST VIRGINIA

DT CALVIN BARNETT
    OKLAHOMA STATE

S JONATHAN DOWLING
    WESTERN KENTUCKY

C RUSSELL BODINE
    NORTH CAROLINA
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,288 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,716ß
    I was starting to think I was the only one...
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Oh good, two more DE when we already have 10 now. Let's take just one more and we can have an entire team of DEs.

Then we take a S whose been booted off two top SEC teams and ended up playing for West Bumfuck State who has a known discipline problem and may be the only guy we could take who could make even hard core Conte haters wish he was playing instead of Dowling

This makes no sense at all. We need DTs not more DEs and this one skips that spot until round four and then take one who wasn't even invited to the Combine and rates no better than an UDFA?

Was this serious?
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,481 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Can someone please construct a mock where we draft all punters please?
    Thanks

Kill me....
  7. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    32ß
    Speaking of punters, do we have one? Can Butler's kid pan out or do we need to find someone better?
  8. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Stephon Tuitt has was Marc Trestman and Phil Emery are looking, the flexibilty to play multiple spots. He can play DE AND DT
    Hulking, long-armed, physically gifted defensive lineman with desirable size, strength, athleticism and versatility to appeal as a five-technique or as a defensive tackle or base end in a 4-3. Was not in peak condition for his junior season, but has disruptive upside.
    Tantalizing upside. Highly athletic frame despite massive size. Impressive combination of length, power and surprising quickness. Scheme versatility for the 3-4 and 4-3, possessing the size of most interior linemen while maintaining the quickness to provide a rush off the edge.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,481 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    I was joking of course but yes we have two punters--Tress Way and Butler Jr.