My OFFICIAL take on yesterday's game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

CHILLL OUT,..it was the first game for the new regime ,... there are going to be quirks to tweak ,... ONE GAME at a time

Can yesterday's game can be built on Improved upon ,.. YES AND IT WILL BE

The Bears did something they haven't done in a long long time and that was The O coming from behind and winning the game Care to wager on the turnout if Lovie was still here ??

When the Pass rush is like this like this after game 5 , 6, 7 let me know

NOT much one can do against a 3 step drop. Peanut and McBride oddly and ironically made a difference.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    slow your roll, little man.

3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    your OFFICIAL take? Is there some counterfeit takes of yours running around that im unaware of?

• Like Like x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,082ß
    BradMustersGhost, it's a good topic to talk about. It will be interesting to see how they look in the next game against the Vikes. I'm just hoping we're fine at DL. Lotta good players there.

5. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    BMG, I think Neg #1 is what caused Neg #2. The key to the cover 2 IHMO is getting a pass rush with your front four. If you don't you'll struggle on defense against even an average QB & Dalton is a good QB.

6. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    lol, I have decided that I rather like you, Jimmors. Keep up the good work. You're one of the good guys. :)

7. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    BearJim, WELL SAID!!! I agree 100%, and THAT is what scares me. The MOST frustrating aspect of Lovie's Cover/Tampa 2 was the fact that good QBs ALWAYS dissected it when our DL couldn't get to them. Sadly, I see that happening again this year unless our DL plays a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than they did against the Bengals. I was HOPING that Tucker would inject Lovie's basic Cover/Tampa-2 scheme with a significant amount of effective blitzing. I didn't really see that on Sunday. We are going to have to find a way to pressure the opposing QB, because just sitting back and "hoping he gets impatient and makes a dumb decision with the football" isn't an effective strategy against Rodgers, or Brees, or Manning, et. al.

8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    Shhh...dont spread that rumor around, ive spent years reinforcing my persona as a sarcastic asshole.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    TBF Cincy have a good O-line,thats why Dalton had all day ..but what got me is ,where did Peppers go...

10. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    You're absolutely right BMG. While watching the game I was very frustated with the lack of pass rush & poor tackling for that matter. They do need to get better at getting after the QB & I'm sure they will. Tackling will improve as the season goes on as it's not practiced much if any in practice these days. Something just didn't seem right with Peppers, Melton just got back from a concussion & the Bengals OL is pretty darn good.

If you go back & rewatch the game, you'll notice that we did mix it up in the last quarter & 1/2 with some blitzes & different cover schemes & I thought it made a big difference in the outcome. Remember Tucker is still learning his players strengths & weaknesses just like the rest of the coaching staff. We all expect the offense to continue to get better. So will the defense. The biggest positive from the DL IHMO was the play of Paea. He was in the backfield alot. If he can play like that & stay healthy while Peppers & Melton find their groove this DL could before a major force. Also the defense is still learning to play without (arguably) the 2nd best LBer outside of Ray Lewis since 2000.