My, what one game will change

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,235 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    Prognosticators have Rodgers at missing 3 games, minimum. While I don't root for injury, this....may have changed the 2013 Chicago Bears season. Unless they pick up Matt Flynn, Green Bay has way too many injuries to compete without Aaron Rodgers, and should be expected to lose the majority of those games.

We, the fans, went into this game already haven given up on this season, but the Bears are now in position to get their starting QB way ahead of schedule, in time for a showdown with the Lions. If we win that game, the Bears WILL have control over their own destiny. The Ravens are having a really bad year, offensively, and that is a very winnable game, and the Rams have Kellen Clemens as their starting QB now (He SUCKED with the Jets, which is why they only made the playoffs when Chad Pennington was the starter), and then we play the Vikings.

Essentially, the leader just got cut down to size, at the right time for this team, as we have our most important game coming up, followed by lower quality opponents, AND our QB is looking to return sooner than expected.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    Just speaking for myself here, I feel like there is "hope" for this season. Yes, we have a lot of injuries and issues. But all the same, we have a shot at winning a division championship. I think that would be a remarkable accomplishment this 1st season with Trestman at the helm. Yeah, I'm more hopeful now. Maybe one of the nicer surprises was seeing what Trestman did with McCown. Not many NFL teams have a backup QB who can come in and perform like he has these past two weeks. Kudos to Trestman.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,475 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    276ß
    Don't ever forget how bad this D is, every game the Bears play is loseable, if the O doesn't play, at least near, perfect ball.

Seneca is awfull though, I cannot imagine them staying w/him if Rodgers is going to miss multiple weeks.

Lions are still good and healthy, that is not a easy win, Cutler or McCown playing, and w/no Briggs it's going to be even harder to stop that O.
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,235 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    I fully expect Matt Flynn to be back in Green Bay by tomorrow.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rogelio

Rogelio Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It's a shame our defense is SO bad this year, especially with as good as they had been the last several years. I think come playoff time, this offense will be able to score with the best of them. However, even if we can score 35 points a game, I just can't see our defense holding other teams to 34, especially playoff teams. We did see improvement from our front four last night. Hopefully Tillman can stay relatively healthy, Briggs comes back as good as ever, and the safeties can somehow not play horribly.
  6. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I read on NFL.com that he be out the whole season.
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,235 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    I read an article, I think after the Vikings game, that showed statistics that prove the Bears defense usually misses more tackles early in the season, with Briggs being one of the bigger culprits. According to the article, the defense usually tightens up on tackling, as the season goes one. Now, the defense has lost a lot of players, and many of those that are playing are playing poorly, BUT, there is some room for optimism. We certainly aren't going to crack the top 15 this year, but, after the Lions game, we go into a softer part of our schedule, and will get Briggs back and Ratliff will be playing. That might be enough to make the defense more helpful in winning games.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rogelio

Rogelio Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    And even if we aren't scoring at the same rate as the Broncos or holding teams under 10 points, you just need to get to the playoffs. I won't say "anything can happen", because there was just no way Joe Webb was going into Lambeau and beating Aaron Rodgers last year, but lots of things can happen. The Ravens were maybe the 7th or 8th best team in the playoffs last year, and they were able to patch things together for four games to win the whole thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +491 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    63ß
    If we make the playoffs, we have as good a chance as anybody. Our offense is still a work in progress. By the time playoffs get here, it will be performing better than it is now. Our big question is the defense, and to a lesser extent, special teams. Will we get improvement from them, or are they dooming us?
    • Like Like x 1