NBC Chicago: "5 Keys to a Chicago Victory" (really good read)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 28, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,138 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    This is "it" in a nutshell.

2. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    Thanks for the article JABF, good read.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,138 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Big test for our defense in general, and our DL in particular.
  4. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    I am lucky enough to attend the game this week. Hopefully I will get to see them win. I believe we have the talent, just have to execute. Thanks for posting the article.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,428 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    [​IMG]

Wow, what an insightful article. How do they know that the Bears must prevent offensive players for the Lions from playing well, and have our offensive players play better than theirs? Seriously, what was their source for this article, Madden 25's updated roster? It couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to write that.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    Which is the case for damn near every sports article you read these days. People have to justify their jobs by putting pen to paper, and unfortunately most times those of us reading are left far from enlightened. When was the last time you read a really GOOD piece of sports journalism?
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'd have my eyes on Fairley. Just as dominant as Suh. Then they have that freak Ezekiel Ansah rushing the passer...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,138 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    I didn't realize they had drafted Ziggy. As if they needed another elite DLman. I see they spent the 5th overall pick of the draft on him. The guy is an athletic freak for sure.

I'm real curious about the Trestman play calling tomorrow. Our new offensive line is getting a baptism by fire in these first 4 games of the season. They've faced some excellent defenders. Tomorrow will be the biggest test yet.

Cutler needs to keep his wits about him & get rid of the ball quick - and he needs to protect the ball. This is exactly the kind of game where "Bad Jay" made an appearance in the past. He does come unglued when he's punished with hits and sacks, and Detroit has the beasts to do that to him. Big test for the OL and Jay.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  9. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    JABF00...I think this is probably the game on the slate that super elevates the Bears confidence or it kills this season. Tough road game. Formidable foe. Real test for the O-line. The way I see it...this is the game that really shows what the Bears are all about.

Just beat a tough Steelers team on the road. And now have a chance to upend a tough NFC North opponent that is very talented. We need this win my friend.

I will come down hard on this team if we don't win tomorrow. This is a must win game for the Bears with the Packers trailing by 2. We'll see what Willy Wonka has prepared for tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    Three step drop, three step drop, three step drop. Repeat as necessary to defeat the Detroit Lions.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    I agree, that was working well in Pittsburg. Rotate the ball around the recievers. I would like to see Alshon pull one down in the endzone like Earl did last week.

I don't want to see them play it conservative like they did in the second half of the Steelers game.
  12. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    Yeah, we have to get rid of that two-quarter lull in the middle of the game. That won't hold up against the Lions, and surely not against the Saints next week.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    As it is most weeks, the key to the game is turnovers.
  14. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Getting Cutler to spread the ball shouldn't be a problem since he has it so well so far into the season.
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,138 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    It's going to be an epic test for the OL, Cutler & our DL too. If Jay keeps his wits about him today, then he's taken a big step over previous seasons in Chicago. I don't expect perfection from the OL, but they'll have to have a lights-out good game. The DL needs to come up BIG too. Otherwise Detroit will hang 35-40 points on the Bears. Easy.

This is one game where I am going to be 99% focused on the line play for both our offense AND our defense. Big test for both today. Huge.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    JABF99 you called it my friend.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,705 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    look at JABF. So Did JBunch though, 3 step drop and get rid of the ball and get rid of the 2 qtr lull in the middle of the game...but Cutler again was holding onto the ball to long; 670 morning crew counted somewhere between 4-6 sec's on that fumble recovery and they have a clip of Emery saying that was supposed to be a quick pop's don't have the qb holding onto the ball for 4-6 sec's.

2 qtr lull; how did that 2nd qtr break down again Mr D; right when we were still in a very beatable game, what was it: 3 3 and outs, an int' and a FG? Then a whopping 3 points in the 3rd qtr when the game was 16-30?
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,331 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    434ß

They obviously have the capacity to score. They keep coming back at the end of games. They just need to have that "do or die" attitude right from the opening whistle. Just one more maddening thing about them. I do think that sometimes expectations need to be adjusted. I think there is going to be some frank talk in the Bears locker room this week, and I think they will come out understanding that there can be no let up from whistle to whistle. I believe Trestman will get the wheels back on the wagon. We could have (and should have) won this game. We beat ourselves. Detroit is a good team. Their DL is one of the best. You don't beat a team like that by waiting til the last quarter to decide you are in a dogfight and by turning the ball over.

nuf said. They know how they messed up. The question now is, "Will they fix it?" I absolutely can't wait til we play them a second time. Our OL is going to be even better by then. Those guys DL are already at the top of their game. That means that it will be a little better matchup with those guys next time. We didn't do badly -- but we will do even better next time. I keep having images of what this game would have looked like with a Tice OL. Man.... That would have been a REAL ugly game.
    • Like Like x 4
  19. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    You are right, and of course we are all die-hard Bears fans, that's why we are breaking down the game the way we are here on a message board. Detroit is indeed a good football team. It seems they have cleaned up some of what plagued them last year, and it is showing on the field. The Bears made some egregious mistakes yesterday, but they weren't playing against the wind. The record is 3-1. Time do dust it off and get ready for a VERY good Saints team coming to Soldier Field.
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,138 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    The offense needs to discover the fact that there are 4 quarters in every game, and you have to show up in all four. They can't just show up in the last quarter and expect to win big games. You have to play the COMPLETE four quarters like they have been playing at the end of games. Yesterday they waited too long and it cost them a win.

Maybe the play calling can be refined a bit to help in this area. We ran a few plays in the first three quarters that were "head scratchers" to me. We wasted those plays.
    • Like Like x 1