New role will allow Kromer to grow

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Newsman, May 22, 2014.

1. The Newsman

The Newsman Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,602ß
    ChicagoBears.com News:

Relinquishing his duties as offensive line coach this offseason will enable Bears offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer to spend more time working with multiple positions.

Continue reading...
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    563ß
    I think he did an awesome job with the line last year.
  3. Rakk

Rakk Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I can definitely see him getting interviews for a HC job soon. Especially if we put another top-5 offense on the field this year.

Hope we see his counterpart on the other side of the ball perform at or near the same level.

Great comments on Long. Good to hear.
  4. Moondog

Moondog Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I hope that this doesn't mean that the O line performance will dip. That unit went from a much maligned unit to one that is pretty damn solid. I'm glad Kroemer is moving up. If he spent 100% of his time with the linemen and now he's gonna step back a bit, again I hope there isn't a regression..
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    If the offense is top-5 again then Kromer will be a head coach somewhere next season. He's had a taste of head coaching when he was interim head coach for the New Orleans Saints when Sean Payton and Joe Vitt were serving their suspensions. The guy seems to have the gears to be a solid NFL head coach.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Yep there's always a risk of that with successful coordinators. If he does get a HC spot next year at least we'll have had him long enough to right the ship on the OL and get Pat Meyers ready to run the show. There's no guarantee that'll happen but if not next year I don't think it will be all that long before it does happen. He's the right age and he has the track record to get a shot somewhere.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    548ß
    I hope he stays till we win the SB .... then he can move on ( cuz excellent asst coaches are harder to find than some realize ) .
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    Kromer may be one of those guys who gets penalized for being with great offensive minded Head Coaches. Yes he has learned the systems but how much has he created, Sean Payton and Trestman get credit for the scheme and play calling. I am sure Kromer will get his tires kicked and he could re-create both playbooks. I agree his time will come but I am thinking it may still be a couple years away. He did struggle at New Orleans when he was acting HC.

We do have Cavanuagh, QB Coach, in the wings and waiting hopefully