NFL and shady behavior,I'm willing to believe it

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by ram29jackson, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    http://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html

long article/blog but interesting.Heres a couple parts from it

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,014 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    631ß
    Nice guys finish last!
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,795 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,992ß
    I've never been much of a conspiracy guy, but ever since that Pitt/Sea SB in Det(during the buss's final year) I'm more apt to believe something like this. If you have it still, go back and watch, every time they left or went back from a commercial it was a Pitt guy talking about how great it would be to win, the only Sea I saw was Hasselbeck.

Then go back and watch how the 1st half went, everytime Sea's O got on a role a holding of offsides were called. Every benefit was given to Pitt that game. Now look at spygate, and how that was handled, pretty shady.
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,144 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,454ß
    There you go.

And don't forget Big Ben's controversial TD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    I saw a thing where in 2011 the Packers had like 1 offensive holding call in 7 or 13 games where the league credo is theres holding on every play. It just depends on when it benefits the refs creating an outcome.

in their second year of existence the Jags and Panthers make the Conference Championship ?

SFs moving into a new stadium. They've been really good generating lots of income the last couple years.

the Titans ,Rams and Ravens all went to SBs 3/4 years after they moved to new cities.

LOL please don't think me rude for mentioning the Bears..the league hot topic is not enough black coaches a few years ago and 'boom! 2 go head to head with Colts vs Bears.

aren't you guys a little stunned that the Bears got there with Rex Grossman going 23 TD/20 ints. No defense can be that good to pick up that kind of slack. Can they?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
  7. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    kick off TD 4:55
    look at 36 give a lame one arm attempt from behind.
    53 gives a cute little fake dive even though he is well behind.
    84 falls for no reason just to get out of the way.
    54 and 56 just let him go by. Everyone is taking bad angles and slowing down.
    and the kicker gives some lame ole bull crap not even trying to slow him down or cut him off.

5:44 Thomas fumble. Tell me it doesn't look like his hand is completely relaxed when the ball is knocked out in the close up replay at 6:07. tell me it looks like the defender tried really hard to knock it out.He is hardly using any force. as a matter of fact it looks like Thomas helped the ball just drop.

Kearse TD 6:14

basically, players are just bumping into him to make it look good. 32 is right there and just caresses Kearses hips .52 just tries to pretend he's a cape on his back. Don't give me the poor tackling cliché

replay this, rewind it, slow it down, look at it. Tell me you think its not some funny business.

the first snap is bull too..are we supposed to believe that maybe he's so amped he's hiking for a punt ? and the receivers don't seem shocked when it happens
  8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

I'd say yes it was because the nose of the ball crossed the vertical plane of the goal line before he was hit and driven back. On tha basis it was a TD. Not based on where he landed but that's not the deciding factor. All that ball has to do it intersect with the goal line and once it does it's a TD.
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I'm sure Loki and Evernight will disagree but I've been watching Packer games for too many years not to have noticed how often they get the benefit of the doubt.

The refs even admit that in last years final game they were within a split second of blowing that fumble/TD play dead and they should have when the Packer player didn't advance the ball the moment he picked it up as the rules call for. Let's call that one "the long count".

I wonder how it would have been treated if that asshat Anderson would have scooped it up and ran untouched to the Packers end zone. Anyone want to lay odds it would have either been called an incompletion and if that was over turned they would have called the ball dead where it was picked up?

Don't bother. I already know the answer to that one.

Games aren't fixed per se. Just subtlety or not so subtlety manipulated by NFL employees dressed in black and white. That's been the case for years. The NFL has a need to prove to fans their last place team can overcome and be first next year. It's just that some organizations are so bad and fan support so low they aren't worth the effort. Owners wink and look the other way because they're making billions of dollars doing it their way.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Nah, now you seeing little green moon men. Those are all legit plays and I can guarantee you the most shocked guy on the field on that first snap was Manning. If the NFL was manipulating this one it would have been in favor of Manning not Seattle.

Seattle went out there and punched Denver right in the nose and they never recovered. They were completely out classed and outplayed from the get go. It wasn't even close.
  11. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    why do you think that Denver has to win for it to be dishonest ? and no,.. you watch it and slow it down over and over you see the tact involved( I'm not convincing myself of anything). These are pro's and have done it for years. The Kick off is full of pratfalls and you are just going to ignore the thumbs up like some strange occurrence ?
    the NFL didn't need Denver to win. the world bet on Denver to win so Vegas profited and Seattle was the one that covered the over under. They take care of the 2 point safety bet and then take care of the 2 point conversion by making it believable that they are behind ad going for 2 anyway.

yes, you cant "prove it" but theres plenty of circumstantial evidence.

you really think people who make billions of dollars leave things to pure chance ?

you really think 2 bother QBs can make it to 5 super bowls on 3 teams in 8 years just because it happened naturally ?
    you must live a magically perfect life full of rainbows and unicorns dude.

I'm not mocking you or being mad if you think you read that tone in the text LOL just giving my thoughts. Its like getting into a passionate disagreement with your real friends. You wont lose a relationship just because you disagree on something.

that's called propaganda. its the same as your kid apologizing (lying) and doing it again anyway.
  12. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +762 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    Did you guys know that President Bush was actually behind 9/11?

Geez.
  13. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß

so a back up-Frank Reich- who throws 47 passes all year can come into a playoff game and orchestrate one of the greatest comebacks of all time and you just accept that it happened without manipulation ?
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

Look Charlie, I live in Denver and I know the Broncos almost as well as I know the Bears. They got their fucking asses kicked by a team with a far better game plan that day and that's that.

Nobody tanked that game and for you to imply it is asinine. And I'm not doing anything but disagreeing with you either........strongly. The NFL can control outcomes to a certain extent via referees and even crazy scheduling but the NFL can't pay off 53 players and an entire NFL coaching staff to tank a Super Bowl game. That's just too ridiculous for words.

Seriously, you need to hone your conspiracy skills on something else besides the 2014 Super Bowl because what you're putting out here isn't even close to what actually took place.

Why would Vegas want any "prop bets" to succeed. They lose money when they do. Those are sucker bets that usually don't pay off. The over/under was a lock and Seattle more than covered the spread.

You're just reaching way too far on this one.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +762 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    Yes I do, without any hesitation whatsoever. I do not doubt that referees can, and probably have been paid by less than reputable entities to try to influence a game here and there, however, I DO NOT believe (and frankly, I'm holding back laughter here) that the NFL actually participates in "rigging" games. Sorry.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß

when something seems too amazing too happen,that means it is. A guy who completes 27 of 47 passes for an entire year isn't going to be able to do what Frank Reich did.

everything you know about reality you are willing to throw out the window when it comes to sports. when the league tells you any team can win on any sunday and you can call holding on every play, it means they want you to believe what ever happens no matter how wrong or stupid it really is.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,279 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    664ß
    I gotta ask....why do you watch if you believe what you say? No being combative, but if I believed all of that I wouldn't be watching football much less be posting on a football messageboard.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

Ratings:
    +27 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    I still like the aesthetics of the game. The Jocks are still gifted athletes. But now I know what to look for. Its not about who's actually better. Its about where and how and how often the penalties are coming and who's getting what are believed to be the= "its jus da breaks man"
  19. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +762 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    You still like the aesthetics of the game?! :haha:

"when something seems too amazing too happen,that means it is."
    It is what? I understand the aphorism you are attempting to apply here, but you kind of butchered it and the real one doesn't apply.

"A guy who completes 27 of 47 passes for an entire year isn't going to be able to do what Frank Reich did."
    Why the hell not? Have you ever played this game at ANY level? Frank Reich didn't win that game all by himself. That game was a classic example of one team getting a big lead and taking their foot off the throat of the opponent and the other team being down so far that they just let the whole offense open up and go. I remember that game and I don't remember any major issues with the referees. I Do remember Warren Moon looking like shit in the second half and the Buffalo Defense finally waking up.

"everything you know about reality you are willing to throw out the window when it comes to sports."
    No, quite the contrary, I am applying everything I know about reality to apply precisely to sports. What concerns me is that YOU seem to think that reality is about conspiracies. Have you ever heard about Occam's razor? Google it and think about it.

"when the league tells you any team can win on any sunday and you can call holding on every play, it means they want you to believe what ever happens no matter how wrong or stupid it really is."

I DO believe any team can win on any given Sunday or Saturday, or Friday nights. I've lived it and many have. I'm not saying that you can't be a fan of football if you've never played, but you can certainly appreciate the ebbs and flows of a game if you have. Sometimes crazy things happen and it has nothing with the referees and everything to do with the players that are playing the game.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    394ß
    Whoever bet $2 bucks on a safety on the first offensive snap in the SB is a kajillionaire.