NFL.com: Bears are #1 Candidate For HBO's Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BelieveInMonsters, May 26, 2014.

1. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Riczaj --

The show wasn't on in the missing years.

I agree 100% with your other point. If a team let's a documentary program distract it enough to miss the playoffs, then there were probably more pressing issues with the team to begin with that caused it to falter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    I think it's safe to say that this year's Hard Knocks team will be out of the NFC.

6 of the previous 8 were AFC teams with the lone NFC team being the Cowboys twice.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,861ß
    that leaves the Cards, Giants, Rams and Bears as probables(since Cowboys had it 2x's already).

I could see the Rams as a possibility also.

1)Rams(they might well want it)
    2)Bears
    3)Cards(might also want it but not as interesting)
    4)Giants

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Trestman (and guys like BM) has changed the culture of the locker room to where this won't be as big of a deal as it's made out to be. If Lovie were still here, that'd be a different story.

Anyhoo, didn't the Bengals make the playoffs last year, when they were on?

Also this: the only team that would be more interesting than the Bears for 'Hard Knocks' would be the trainwreck Dolphins, and they honestly belong on Jerry Springer instead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß
    Look, we have a dozen new additions to the defense and those guys have an entirely new scheme to put in and learn. An HBO crew running around asking guys to do it "once more for the camera" WILL be a distraction I promise you that. If this is such a wonderful deal for NFL teams why do so many of them try to avoid it? Why aren't teams competing with one another having a bidding war to be the guys chosen? Tell me that. The Bear don't want this and I can see why.

Saying they're pro and it's not a distraction is just whistling in the dark. It is but most of you would rather not admit it. It's a fucking reality TV show for Christ sake. It's not NFL films coming in to document it in a professional manner. Reality shows like drama and conflict and THAT'S what you all want sliming around the Bears training camp? Let's have a daily survivor session to see who gets voted off the team. It's a bullshit reality show not a documentary of the Bears camp.

It's not a good idea and it could have a very negative impact. Trust me.

6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,253ß
    Not necessarily.

The first year of Hard Knocks (2001)Ravens were on. That year they went 10-6, won their division.
    2009, Bengals were on, they won their division with a record of 10-6
    2010 Jets were on, they went 11-5 made the playoffs
    2012 Bengals were on, went 11-5, won the division

50% of the time the team has made the playoffs.

7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß

Sorry Benji but that's useless info. It means nothing. They could all have been Super Bowl Champs for all I care. Past results do not assure that future performance will be the same. That's in every investment prospectus I hand a client and for good reason. It's absolutely 100% true.

The only issue that's important is the one facing the Bears right now and from everything I've read or heard they do NOT want to be the team featured on Hard Knocks. They have their reasons and I assume they're good ones so that's all I need to know.

I'm opposed to it because my team is opposed to it. What more do we need to know?

8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,253ß
    I was just showing that it is not one or the other as you insinuated.

I personally do not care if they are on or not.

9. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    Yeah I mean God forbid someone tries to throw logic, reason, and actual results into the conversation right? They mean absolutely nothing. (according to you)

Sure beats the "gut feeling" your having that you're trying to pass off as facts.

#19 BelieveInMonsters, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,861ß
    The only reason and logic and stats that matter are the ones that Soul brings to the conversation, yours and anyone else's have no barring in his world or how it reflects into everyone else's.

reality is that if the team has a winning culture b/c of GM/coaches/players, and not even historically look at cincy, then the team will be fine, and would have been fine w/out it. If they don't have that culture they weren't going to succeed regardless.

• Like Like x 1