NFL.com talking Bears D

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 23, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,813 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,021ß
    three links, one is Tucker talking about what they're trying to do and a group talk.
    The next is another group talking about what they did and if it'll be enough w/Conway and Singletary.
    The 3rd is Jennings talking.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears

nvm, the vid's aren't individually linked, look for the titles, can the bears Def bounce back, jennings we're going to bark back, and Bears Def woe's.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,813 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,021ß
    I recommended these b/c I think it some give a little perspective into what the team is doing, but also how some might look at what the team did in a different light. We all know Sapp tends to have a neg slant on the Bears, but I think there is a question about Paea it's been a longtime since he's been healthy. Also Ratliff isn't exactly the picture of sustained health either, although when he did start he looked really damn good. If you look at it from this perspective there is a chance that the inside isn't quite strong enough....until you look at the depth which the panel's really didn't do to much of.

Ego and Sutton and Collins are a solid backup plan; could Ego even see some starting time at NT, Paea getting hurt, or not showing strong in camp might open that door. I know he's raw but the one thing he can do is stuff the run and fill lanes, and that might be all he's asked to do.

Collins and Sutton might also see more playing time also for Ratliff if he's injured or showing signs of slowing. Can Collins prove the Bears were right to think he wasn't that far behind Melton? Can Sutton be ready to play substantial minutes if necessary? I think he can.

If for some reason Paea or Ratliff got hurt, having Houston and his ability to play all 4 positions really starts to have true value also.

So while the guys, mostly Sapp who's no fan of the Bears to begin with, is worried about the interior D, I'm not, I think the Bears have some real quality depth all along the DL in case something were to happen to one, possibly even both of them.
  3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +296 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    35ß
    Well the DL has had some serious action this off season, but until we can get off the field on 3rd down then nothing has changed.

I am confident that the DL will improve over last year, but by how much?

I'm usually an optimist, but I'm going to remain a pessimist about the DL and Safety play until it shows a big improvement.
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,813 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,021ß
    Normally I tend to be more of a pessimist when it comes to the Bears, but I think they did enough on the DL to ensure current and future success. The questions about Paea and Ratliff sound very similar to what people were saying about Bushrod Garza and Mills last year(regarding whether it's enough to fix the problem), and it worked out pretty well for the OL.

As for the S's, I'm okay w/Vareen, the rest I think have HUGE question marks on them.