NFL focused on NYC, CHI, LA for 2015 draft

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by little bear, Jun 6, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11038409/nfl-focuses-three-cities-next-year-draft

NFL 'focusing' on 3 cities for '15

The NFL draft could land in New York City, Chicago or Los Angeles next year.
    League spokesman Brian McCarthy said Thursday that the league is "focusing" on those three cities as potential host sites for the 2015 draft, although other cities remain in the mix.
    The regular host site of the draft, Radio City Music Hall in New York, will not be available next year, according to multiple reports.
    The league also is looking at moving the dates of next year's draft to either April 22-25 or April 29-May 2, McCarthy said. That would be a change from the current three-day format.
    This year's draft was held May 8-10. The late date, which coincided with Mother's Day weekend, was questioned by some NFL teams.

--------------------
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    If Chi-town gets it I'd probably go down to watch. I've always wanted to check it out.
  3. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    218ß
    I still think a smaller market team should get the draft. Buffalo, Jacksonville etc...

This just seems like the league is playing favorites when it comes to markets. The big markets are getting bigger. Does Chicago or LA need this? Will it even get the attention it deserves?

Honestly if NY doesn't want to make room for a "show" that's been coming to town for decades, fuck them!

I'm 100% in favor of it coming to any small market. Otherwise I could care less.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    I like Chicago because it's closer but I'm going to be a huge fan regardless. I definitely agree that it should go to the smaller markets. If you want more money, promote in the places that are drawing the least. Makes sense to me.
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,442 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    628ß
    Since Goddell can't give Chicago a Super Bowl I could see him throwing them a bone with this 2015 draft provided Emmanuel gets a decent proposal together. As the host city I think the Bears should be awarded a second 1st round pick too. Something in the top 20. LOL
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,999 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    203ß
    $$$$$$

Its no coincidence that the final 3 just so happen to be the 3 largest TV markets in the country. I also think NYC will be out, because that will be so boring and predictable: "hey, its back in NYC again, but umm...in a different building, yay!!"

Nah, they will either have it in Chicago, and have a huge segment about the history of NFL and its roots, and returning to said roots, OR they will have it in LA so they can show why LA deserves a franchise again.