NFL Nation: 4 Downs -- NFC North: Do the Bears have the most potent offence in the NFC-N?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 27, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,380 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    791ß
    Some interesting stuff, but we're pretty much screwed until we build a solid defense in Chicago.

"It's true the Bears will be in Year 2 of the offense under Trestman, so they should be better. But you've also got to take into account the rest of the division now has plenty of game film on the Bears and will go into 2014 with a good idea of their strengths and weaknesses. If Detroit adds another receiver opposite Calvin Johnson, the Lions are just as dangerous. Also, Green Bay is always potent with No. 12 in the mix."

• Like Like x 1
  2. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    I can't see the Lions as a factor given that Stafford is .......... well ........ Stafford. I see several holes in GB on both sides of the ball as well.
    Just sayin'.
    ;)
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,988 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,002ß
    OMC, that might well be, and I can see where you are coming from, but I think Stafford and Cutler are the same guys soooooooo
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Rodgers is the best QB and has had stability in one system, but I honestly think that we have the two best WRs and and an arguement could be made for the best TE, and a top notch RB.

Cutler and the rest of the offense will be in the second year. I think we will be better and we are already competing.
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,380 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    791ß
    We could all have decent offenses, so consequently the top dog will probably be the team with the better defense - that can slow down the other offenses enough to get wins. Heck, we had a solid offense this past season. But with a joke for a defense you don't go very far. Emery will need to show us he can rebuild the talent on our defense, and Mel needs to show us he's worth the trust Emery & Trestman have placed on him as D coach. The key in the NFC-N isn't offense now. It's who can get the better defense.
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +742 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    730ß
    Yep, Defense will be key. Another reason I am still hoping for a top 4 TE in the draft. Add a 2 TE set to the offense. Add one player and new sets with no game film. Best way to beat a 34 defense is a Two TE set, Hmmm the packers run a 34. Yet another reason.
  7. Beardude

Beardude Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    As long as GB has Aaron Rodgers, and we only have Jay Cutler, they will have the best offense in the division.