NFL Quarterback Rumors: Cutler, Schaub, Bradford, Vick & Weeden On 2014 QB Carousel

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 12, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,060ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    FWIW.

2. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,091ß
    We'll see how Cutler plays the rest of the season. Then Emery will have enough time to think about what's best for the team's future.

Vick has been inconsistent for years - gone
    Bradford is more and more looking like a first round bust - he'll get another chance though
    Weeden and Campbell are not the answer - Browns will go after a rookie QB next April
    Fans in Houston are not happy with Schaub - I could see them picking up a young QB for their young offense (Foster, Hopkins etc.)

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    Score was talking about this today, and they were saying based on how trestman and emery talk about cutler he will probably be back.

now take that w/a few grains of salt
    1st this is idle speculation from talking heads trying to disect the HC and GM's talking points.
    2nd Emery has said a lot of things that hold no water: 1) character matters, apparnetly not b/c Marshal is here, and Ratliff now also. 2) Carimi will be welcomed back w/open arms.
    3rd Will cutler want to come back at a deal they offer him when other teams might be willing to pay much more. 670 was talking like 3-4 year deal under market value b/c of the inj history, but will Jax, Hou, AZ, Minny be willing to pay him 5-6yrs 100mil as market value has gone lately?

4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    246ß
    I have a feeling that someone will over pay for Jay if they do not use the franchise tag on him.

We will see come the end of the year, but I have a feeling that the FT is what will happen to Jay and if he has a big year we will have to overpay for him to stay or let him walk.

Either way I hope we draft a QB THIS year to develop.

• Like Like x 2
  5. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,091ß
    To be honest I don't think any of those teams will offer him that kind of contract, that means Jay's more likely to come back for less money than signing with another team.

Min, Cle and Jax are so desperate, they'll probably do anything to get a top 10 QB. They won't waste money to sign a veteran quarterback with injury problems.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,060ß
    Does this mean that Emery will "Welcome Jay back with open arms" :D
    The 'ol Gabe Carimi welcome...(shudder).

[​IMG]

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß

Arz just traded for Carson Palmer this year, and you don't think a team would pay top dollar for a guy that was playing near top 10 level w/the Bears? Trust me a team, maybe not 100mil, will over pay for Cutler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,790ß
    If you were GM, what's the most you'd be willing to pay Cutler?

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    If I'm a GM who has a qb the likes of Blaine Gabbart or Carson Palmer or Weedon and I feel that Cutler is on the same level as Romo or Rivers(which I personally think he is) I would pay him whatever I had to; especially b/c I could probably get a small discount at 80 or 90 mil.

If I'm the Bears and I have the qb whisperer and McCown as a solid backup who can run his system, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay him 70-100 mil. Even if you think he COULD be worth that much if he can stay healthy.

Now I'm not a GM, let alone the Bears GM, and if HE feels Cutler, if he can stay healthy is worth 100mil nothing any of us think is going to amount to a hill of beans.

10. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,091ß
    If I were Emery I'd try to draft a decent QB in the second or third round (Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger), keep McCown and re-sign Cutty to a 4-year $75-80 mil contract (40 mil guaranteed) without breaking the bank.

I think Cutler knows he's not getting $100 mil anywhere, that's why he would be okay to come back for less.