NFL Set Cap @ $133 mil..................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 1, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    True but I don't think we need to get desperate. Conte still could turn his game around and he seems committed to doing just that. As much as the fan base hates him he actually played fairly well in 2012 and that entire defensive core was nothing but chaos last year. I don't at all deny the need to being in more vet and rookie competition but Conte deserves a chance improve his game. His back is against the wall now. One more showing like last year even in camp and he may be out of the NFL for good and he knows that too. Jennings was in that same spot two years ago and turned himself into a Pro Bowl CB so it's not impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I agree re: Conte. He's everyone's whipping boy right now and the guy everybody loves to hate but he's gonna get one more chance to regain his previous form cuz he's still on his rookie contract. Wright on the other hand is a dead man walking. Emery needs to sign a starting SS and a draft a ~ 3rd rounder to push Conte at FS. Like with the Shea miss at DE, the fact that Hardin busted so badly has left the position looking pretty bare.

3. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß

Yep, that was a bad break. I really though the kid could be a difference maker. He had the size and speed but he was as breakable as glass.

Wright's always been a question mark to me. He's been up and down ever since he arrived. He misses tackles and misreads coverages constantly but then he'll get a pick or force a fumble or recover one and he's back in good graces again. I think it got to the point last year where he was so bad that it may have affected Conte's play. This may be the year we finally get lucky with a draft pick but if I'm Phil Emery I'd sure go out and get at least two vet Safeties who can start because it terrifies me that Conte is the best we have.

4. dabears

dabears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    Are there any WR projects out there that we can convert to CB for depth?

5. dachuckster

dachuckster Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,156ß
    There are some nice small school CBs in the draft this year. I keep reading about Pierre Desir from Lindenwood. Depending on the draft board he is rated anywhere form a 3rd round pick to a UDFA.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82458&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

There seem to be a bunch of them available so we could get lucky.