NFL to LA? London?

Discussion in 'NFL Forum' started by Aenir, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Aenir

Aenir Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...nfl-could-expand-to-london-los-angeles-102613

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,886ß
    LA will get one first, then London. Or perhaps at the same time, but that will take some time to pull off.

They need to get rid of those stupid ass Thursday games though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Yes, get rid of thursday. Hell, get rid of monday, if you're going to continually play **** teams on monday night. As for London, good luck finding a roster willing to go over there...

4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,886ß
    Players will have to go over there, thats what they get paid for. Their only other option is to refuse to play in the NFL entirely.

5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Yeah, but fewer players will want the hassle involved in that type of travel. Then again, they could live as anonymously as they could get the chance over there. Then again, tax rates are significantly higher over there...

6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,886ß
    the "hassle" is no different then West Coast teams playing East Coast teams.

7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    663ß
    Screw LA a bunch of liberal pricks at least England understands a mans game like rugby.

8. MIKETOUHY

MIKETOUHY Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    Stupid idea putting an NFL team in a foreign city but nothing wrong with L.A. getting the NFL Back.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,906ß
    I think I'd honestly rather have a NFL team in London over another team in LA, how many chances should 1 city get only to have the team up and leave again b/c no one cares about the product in that town? I get it, it's a huge market, what 2nd largest, but if town doesn't care, building a pretty new stadium and brining in another team that couldn't succeed elsewhere isn't going to succeed in LA. I honestly believe they would need to expand a team in LA rather then move an existing one there, then it MIGHT stand a chance.

Really I think they should get a team into Mexico City or in Canada before they goto London though. I also heard that India actually really likes American football, and understand the rules, seems like that is another(although even further away) option over London.

10. MIKETOUHY

MIKETOUHY Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß

What is the need to have an NFL team anywhere outside the US? Plus Canada already has a league.

The fact you think a franchise should even be placed outside the US is ridiculous.

Also you say L.A. had their chances. Well L.A.'s not the only city that's lost teams. Plus what makes you so sure nobody in that city is not interested?

Are you aware the Rams were in that city for almost 50 years? I don't know what things were like in the end but for The Rams to have existed there for so long it's laughable that one would have a problem with it.

Plus how long are we gonna hold a grudge against the city for losing 2 teams in one year?