NFL to make some major changes to the Pro-bowl

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,539 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    540ß
    2 things:

A coach doesn't GAF if he's got home field locked up, about a rival game, when viewing the bigger picture.

Hester is pissed about the rule change, and I concur completely.
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I like it, I like it. :D
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I'm staring a "Fire Goddell, Hire MPbears68" movement. I really like these idea and I think the NFLPA would bite on it as long as the roster sizes were increased and the players got revenues from those two games. And you're right about the strategizing. This gets interesting.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    A tie-in to fantasy football?! I say turn it into a fantasy game and lets just pretend they played it. Done and done. Just get rid of it.
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    I don't want to see a mandatory limit on the player games. Take Cutler out for two games and you lose two. I think it should be a skill that coaches need to develop. Just like in horse racing (not that I am real knowledeable, but still). You have to know when to conserve your horse and when to make your push. It adds another element to the coaching chess match. If you have a borderline injured player, you have to know how to nurse him through the season, whether it means replacing him when the team has a big lead, putting in less "wear and tear" plays when you can get away with it (therefore knowing when the time is right), etc. I also think upping the players is a good idea maybe even up to 60 or so.
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,320 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    365ß
    It's the same for every team, BiH. I just put that provision in there as a hypothetical because you know plenty of people are going to argue against an 18 game RS on "player longevity and safety" grounds. Including the NFLPA. The main problems are:
    The Pro Bowl sucks.
    Pre-season games suck only slightly less (and cost STHs full price!).
    The NFL RS is the shortest among major sports.
    The month of February is DEAD sports-wise and represents an untapped market for the NFL

The details of getting the above done are just details.
  7. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    I know. It was meant as just a throw out strting point, and of course it would be the same for all teams, but I just didn't like the vet limit. Let's add a little bit to the game and see what coaches and trainers can keep more of their players healthy for 2 more games. That's all I meant. just ditch that part of it. Again, just a discussion point.