NFP Mock v2.0 by Greg Gabriel/Eric Galko

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 28, 2014.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    There's no "CB rotation" like there is on the DL. Unless peanut or Jennings gets hurt, they will be the ones on the field, not the #3 guy who was foolishly over drafted at #14. He will riding the bench until one of the other two cant go.

A Donald pick would START (in rotation of course as always) at 3tDT. No different than Melton did last year prior to his injury. People were naturally and understandably impressed by the Seattle DBs last season. Sherman got a lot of the press coverage oxygen especially in the post season run. But people tend to overlook the fact that Seattle also had a fantastic rotation of pass rushers plus Mebane as their run-stuffer in front. Not taking anything away from their secondary, but watching Manning get "happy feet" and quickly become inaccurate in the SB wasn't due to their safeties.

• Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,309ß
    I there is nickle, I consider that a rotation guess i was lazy w/my terminology and the #14 is going to be there for that, AND I don't see Tillman playing more then 12-13 games again, so the next guy up is going to see significant time imo.

I disagree I don't think any DL starts this year over what we have. Rattliff is going to start, if not it's going to be Houston.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    OK, we had this same debate last year after Long was picked 1st. You said he wouldn't "start", I said he would. Gentleman's bet:
    IF we take Donald @ #14, I firmly predict he will "start" as 3-Tech. We will see, ok?

Houston for the 99th time is a LDE who can/will flex inside on occaision as Izzy used to. He is a DE FIRST. Phil has already talked about and ate crow over "learning a lesson about forcing position changes" re: Hardin/Shea. He's not going to magically convert Houston into a full-time 3-Tech DT. Houston's job will be primarily to play LDE, stuff the run/set the edge, keep blockers off Shea, and add whatever pass rush he can on top.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,309ß
    MP way to get 1 correct :) doesn't make you correct every time in the future. There was also no Jay Ratliff playing OG for us last year.

If he is a DE first then Phil paid 3 DE starter money, does that sound correct? I think Houston is going to play 3 downs from DT to DE in a rotation w/Ratliff, Collins rookie DT, AND w/Allen/Young/Bass. There is nothing in Houstons past that says HE'S ONLY THIS. In Oak he played NT-OLB, but in Chicago he's limited to LDE; no sir, Emery wants a confusing movable D, and that will start w/Houstong up and down that line constantly, not 2 downs at DE or 2 downs at DT.

5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    So therefore you admit that the "next guy up" at CB would be a depth player as it stands now, correct?
    Do we want to draft a "depth player" at #14? Wouldn't that be better left for round 2?

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    I'm just saying that, with rare exception, you don't draft a player in the top-15 who isn't expected to be at the top of the depth chart in whatever position he plays. Donald would very likely be that; Fuller would very likely NOT be that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,309ß
    MP W/that I agree which is why I've been very pro S at 14 b/c it's the only real position that is guaranteed that the player would be a 3 down starter.

8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Absolutely Benji. The only way this might make some sense is if they plan on trying Fuller at FS. The only problem I see with that is that we've already done that twice with two other college CBs who were only 3rd round picks therefore less risk. Hardin isn't even in the NFL any longer and if Conte doesn't recover his game well enough to even earn a roster spot let alone start then he may well go the same route.

Emery has already admitted that he may have been, no he WAS, in error expecting players like Hardin and McClellin to play NFL positions they were ill equipped to play. Would he really spend a 1st round pick on another guy hoping to either play him out of position until the RCB opened up or simply use him on STeams until then and expose him to more injury risk?

I'm hoping he's stopped all that foolishness and so far it appears he has but taking Fuller over a Safety (if available) or worse yet over a 3 tech he needs far worse NOW than he does a CB seems like a backwards move to me.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    I can live with a S @ #14 if he's truly the best available defense player. I'd prefer DT but Donald may be gone and Jernigan I'm 50/50 on. You're right, at least a stud S would be at the top of our depth chart unlike a 1st round CB.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Yeah. :sad44:

And that's exactly my point as well. We can draft a CB this year, and we should, but spending a 1st round pick on one in lieu of meeting more current needs seems to be a waste to me. I like Fuller as a player but for the Bears not more than I like a DT or a Safety in one. If this is Emery's pick then he'd have to be pretty sure of being able to draft a DT in the second round that could replace Melton because if what I've read is true Houston is not being moved to DT.