NHL Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Blackhawks Forum' started by Moth, Apr 15, 2014.

1. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    Fixed.

It ain't over till it's over. If we're down by two with 17 seconds left, I'll still be watching. I've watched a lot of seasons where we didn't even make the playoffs and we were the laughingstock of the league. It's payback time.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    289ß
    This series is killing me with the way the Kings are playing. It is almost like they can't do anything wrong yet the Hawks are playing catch up in every game. Crawford is great one moment and then the soft goal just kills the momentum. I will admit the Kings are playing real good and they deserve the wins they have. I hope this the Hawks can pull a win out of LA Friday night. I really want to see them repeat as champions but if they lose it is still a great year.
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    The Kings are a really really good team. But I think they Hawks still have what it takes to win this series
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +826 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    735ß
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/stor...ttery-claim-corey-crawford-chicago-blackhawks

LAPD investigates Crawford incident

CHICAGO -- Los Angeles police are investigating a battery report filed by a fan who claims Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford sprayed him in the face with a water bottle during Game 4 of the Western Conference finals Monday at Staples Center.
    According to police, Crawford allegedly sprayed water in the face of a heckling fan, who was ejected from the game and later filed a battery report. Crawford went to the bench late in the game with the Hawks trailing in their eventual 5-2 loss.
    "It's over," Crawford said Wednesday night after the Blackhawks beat the Kings 5-4 in double overtime to narrow Los Angeles' lead in the series to 3-2. "I got nothing else on that."
    Coach Joel Quenneville earlier said he was not concerned about Crawford going into Wednesday's crucial game.
    "I just heard about it on the way over," Quenneville said after the team's morning skate Wednesday. "First I heard of it, so I'm not aware of the situation of it other than what you just said and what was just mentioned about it. I'm not worried about it right now. I'm worried about the game, as Corey will."
    The NHL is not investigating the incident, a league source told ESPN.com's Scott Burnside. A Blackhawks spokesperson said he was made aware of the report Wednesday morning and did not have a comment.
    TMZ had earlier reported on the incident.

--------------------
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    Some people.

The fan who filed the suit allegedly suffered irritation in his eyes after allegedly being sprayed
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    289ß
    Oh my god, what an incredible game. Hawks win, I have a boner, Hawks win again. Game 7 baby, lets keep Lord Stanley in Chicago.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. vmx12

vmx12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    CC can be a knucklehead sometimes but then he shines like a legend.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shark86x

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    Man. This ole heart can't take too much more of this! Let's win game 7 and then 4 more so I don't need an ambulance ride!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +931 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    I'm still pissed at the refs. They missed a big holding behind the kings net.

also correct me if I'm wrong but you can out your hands to the face especially knocking someone over??

in the first period in front of our net one of the kings player just face dropped someone. I mean he just put his hands in the hawks players face. I could catch a name because I was on the edge of my seat the whole game.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. shark86x

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    Wow! 99th playoff win for Q! Now for #100!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. shark86x

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    I've come to expect it. We touch their goalie and its interference, they tackle ours behind the net and its play on. Or a ticky tacky hook call on toews but shaw gets tackled on top of their goalies and everybody piles on. I can't believe how much interference wasn't called. And WWF wrestling takedowns. Oh well, the guys know they haveto beat 10 guys, not just the 6 on the other team.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rakk

Rakk Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I rushed back home tonight and caught the last 4:20 of the game. Go Hawks! Game 7 will be another battle. LA isn't going to lay down, after blowing leads the last two games to clinch. The Rangers need to be shaking in their skates knowing they have to face one of these (hopefully the Blackhawks!),
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    282ß
    I didn't HATE the Kings till the firkin BS that took place after Kane's PP goal . What a bunch of bush-leaguers . F them . I now hate them with a passion . Game 7 is still gonna be tough , and the Hawks might still lose .... but no matter what happens , I love these guys . They've gone to war . They are true warriors . I've never seen a hockey game like tonights . It was exhausting just ' watching ' it . Hope Q just let's them sleep till Sunday . They need it . Holy crap . I still really can't believe what I just saw . Maybe the greatest playoff game ever .
    • Like Like x 2
  14. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    LOL, they can't hold a lead to save their asses but when their backs are against the wall against the toughest team they've played yet and on their home ice no less they find a way to win. Just give it to Kane and let him skate through the whole LA team and put it in the net. That pass he made on Keith's goal was about as slick as they come too. They better watch themselves next game because LA is gonna pull out all the stops to nullify him. He's killing them.

One more on home ice. Gotta pour it on and keep it on in this one.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    289ß

The refs called a pretty good game because they let calls go on both sides. They easily could have given Andrew Shaw a few penalties in the game especially at the end of the second period when he ran over Quick. lol I do think the kings are getting away with some excessive checks where they seem a bit high towards the head. I just wish the kings would stop getting these fluke bounces.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +931 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    I though he ran over quick. In fact he was tangled up with a kings player. If anything the player pushed him into quick.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. shark86x

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    Shaw was dwfinitely tackled into quick. He was trying to avoid it. Then 3 guys jumped him including quick.

On the big high hits, we do that and get suspensions.....
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ski-Whiz

Ratings:
    +931 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    Our biggest problem is we let players set up camp in front of our net. I mean we don't have a hawks jersey within three feet of the guy screening.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +738 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    706ß
    Awesome game, Go Hawks
  20. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Already had 2 heart attacks. Taped the last 2 games to watch until after I hear the results to avoid a 3rd.

Had to find a way to keep that blood pressure down...