NHL Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Blackhawks Forum' started by Moth, Apr 15, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,074 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,361ß
    Stop talking like the fix was in. Hawks got beat.

If there really was a fix, Hawks would have won. Hawks are one of the most popular teams in hockey, they would have loved to have the Hawks in the finals. Higher ratings, more money
  2. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Sick to my stomach ,but great game lads, we will get'em next year.
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +928 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    962ß
  4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +725 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    350ß
    Just pointing out how bad the officiating was as well as the announcing. Didn't mean to imply a conspiracy, just ineptness.

As far as ratings, I believe there are more people in LA LA land than Chicago. But I don't care, I won't be up till midnight watching the Kings/Rangers. They can keep their ratings. Especially after making us wait until the east coast games finish before we could drop the puck against the Wild.

You would think there's a fix listening to the announcers. Engblom especially. Toews gets tackled into quick, and it's "a clear penalty for hitting the goalie". Craw gets tackled and his mask ripped off and it's just "getting in his face". and on and on and on....

Yup, the Hawks lost. Should have won, but they didn't take care of business. oh well, no more sports until training camp....
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +486 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    I think he is a good coach, but suffers from a slight case of lovie bullheadism. Q was a hard nose tough D-man in his day. I think he sometimes has a hard time setting that aside to play to this current team's strength. We have good skating D-men that are all good puck movers and car carry into the zone. Keith and Hjammer are the only ones that I would really refer to as shutdown in our own zone. It is absolutely maddening to see them (try) to move to that stupid 1-2-2 red trap with a late lead, and make no attempt to outlet the puck out of the zone. Instead they get outshot 10-1 and ice the puck 6 times before surrendering another 3rd period tying goal.

In those situations its beating our heads against a brick wall as we constantly blow those one goal leads. The team does not bode well when trying to "turtle" if you will and survive until the horn.

In the future, I hope to see Q learn and let the skaters skate and forecheck. Catch a team that's taking chances and getting aggressive in a mistake, and go for the knockout.

Just my 2 cents.
    • Winner Winner x 1